CHDK 1.4 release + bug reports - page 4 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK 1.4 release + bug reports

• 57 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: CHDK 1.4 release + bug reports
« Reply #30 on: 14 / June / 2016, 01:19:25 »
Advertisements
Zebra doesn't seem to work at all, no matter what configuration
Did you try adjusting the UnderExposure Threshold and OverExposure Threshold values?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #31 on: 16 / June / 2016, 08:28:26 »
I relied on the fact that the same treshold options on my D10 showed Zebra but that was a mistake.
Thank you reyalp, adapting the treshold options solved my "problem" - now Zebra works!

I will do the rest of the tests during the next few days.

It would be great if someone find's the time to remove the "BETA" from the download page of CHDK for the D30. Hope I'm not the only CHDK-user with that wonderful little camera :-)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #32 on: 17 / June / 2016, 00:10:45 »
I relied on the fact that the same treshold options on my D10 showed Zebra but that was a mistake.
Thank you reyalp, adapting the treshold options solved my "problem" - now Zebra works!
Out of curiosity, what threshold values did you need to use, and what kind of scene were you using to test?
I will do the rest of the tests during the next few days.

It would be great if someone find's the time to remove the "BETA" from the download page of CHDK for the D30.
Sure, when you are done testing that's probably good enough.

« Reply #33 on: 17 / June / 2016, 15:47:04 »
deleted
« Last Edit: 17 / June / 2016, 15:48:38 by miti.ranieri »

« Reply #34 on: 17 / June / 2016, 15:48:02 »

Hi reyalp, now I did all the tests:

1. all keyboard tests were successful - I did all the testing according to http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Testing_Needed section "keyboard code rewrite"

2. CAM_IS_VID_REC_WORKS check: I executed vidtest.lua and onscreen log showed ok for all tests and PASS

3. Free memory was 697944 bytes as I reported in an earlier post; today after doing some testing it showed 555616 bytes free - is that ok? It seems that there is more free memory than I had during the original porting thread of the D30!

4. you asked about the treshold values during my zebra test: it was successful with underexposure treshold of 2 and overexposure treshold of 2. I did a shot of my office in the evening with the door open to the next room (very dark) and the room lamp on the ceiling in the picture. Zebra showed on the lamp and on the dark space outside the room with the mentioned treshold values.

5. one last question from my side - is there anything to check with raw shooting of DNG 1.1 images? That's the most interesting feature for me. I will check some images with darktable and develop and optimize them to see if everything is ok - before I need the camera during my next holidays.

Thanks for your reply!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #35 on: 18 / June / 2016, 23:02:58 »
Thanks for testing. I've removed the BETA label.
One more thing you can check: I attached a build with ARAM enabled. This should give slightly more free memory. Not really needed with the UI memory hack, but might as well. No need to re-test everything, just check that it runs.

5. one last question from my side - is there anything to check with raw shooting of DNG 1.1 images? That's the most interesting feature for me. I will check some images with darktable and develop and optimize them to see if everything is ok - before I need the camera during my next holidays.
Not specifically for DNG 1.1, but it's a good idea to check that you get one DNG for every jpeg when shooting in continuous mode.

You can also check whether DNG is valid in different shooting modes. Low light and movie digest are both likely to have problems.

Some cameras also don't capture valid raw in Auto, but I think  this mostly affects newer models.

« Reply #36 on: 23 / June / 2016, 06:23:16 »
One more thing you can check: I attached a build with ARAM enabled. This should give slightly more free memory.
I checked the difference now:
1.4.1 Rev. 4640:  767616 bytes free
1.5.0 Rev. 4652 (ARAM enabled): 775552 bytes free
There seems to be no major difference.

Not specifically for DNG 1.1, but it's a good idea to check that you get one DNG for every jpeg when shooting in continuous mode.
Tested that and it was ok, one DNG for every JPEG.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #37 on: 25 / June / 2016, 15:43:14 »
Quote from: miti.ranieri link=topic=12680.msg129015#msg129015
I checked the difference now:
1.4.1 Rev. 4640:  767616 bytes free
1.5.0 Rev. 4652 (ARAM enabled): 775552 bytes free
There seems to be no major difference.
Thanks, I've checked this in for both 1.4 and 1.5

Offline ursamajor

• SX150IS, SX510HS
    • Per aspera ad astra...
« Reply #38 on: 24 / January / 2017, 04:11:13 »
v. 1.5.0 - 4755 on Canon SX510HS, shortcut for enable disable DNG don't work. I mean, pressing Play (for activate CHDK short menu), then Erase button. Didn't work in penultimate version too. Please fix it. Thanks.
SX510HS, SX150IS (retired) :D

« Reply #39 on: 24 / January / 2017, 05:25:16 »
v. 1.5.0 - 4755 on Canon SX510HS, shortcut for enable disable DNG don't work. I mean, pressing Play (for activate CHDK short menu), then Erase button. Didn't work in penultimate version too. Please fix it. Thanks.
That shortcut is now a user configurable option. It defaults as being disabled. You can enable it in the CHDK Settings menu with the "Enable RAW Toggle Shortcut [ * ]" menu option.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16