supplierdeeply

G7 X porting thread

• 147 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: G7 X porting thread
« Reply #140 on: 28 / October / 2018, 15:49:06 »
Advertisements
Interval shooting, works only with CHDK_DE_g7x-100d-1.5.0-5094-full_ALPHA
At later does not work. There is no possibility to select a script from the list.
What script do you use?

Can you provide more detail on "There is no possibility to select a script from the list"

Maybe a picture of what happens on the screen would help.

Like all Digic 6 ports, G7 X has some problems with the display updating that might make it hard to use the menus. If you switch to playback mode, can you select a script?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #141 on: 29 / October / 2018, 12:21:29 »
What script do you use?
Interval.LUA

Can you provide more detail on "There is no possibility to select a script from the list"
Nothing happens to CHDK_DE_g7x-100d-1.5.0-5106. When you select the menu "Load Script From File", the file manager does not appear. Unable to select a script.
I shot the video, maybe it will be more understandable.
https://yadi.sk/i/gXm4tEr3Nx5RmA

If you switch to playback mode, can you select a script?
No, as in shooting mode, you cannot select a script.
« Last Edit: 29 / October / 2018, 12:26:34 by collega63ru »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #142 on: 29 / October / 2018, 13:30:32 »
No, as in shooting mode, you cannot select a script.
I see you used "firmware update" to load CHDK.
Neither CHDK nor CHDK provide firmware update .FI2 files in the autobuild, because there are bugs when CHDK is loaded with this method.

I guess you are using some other FI2 file, maybe from an old dev build? Mixing an FI2 file from one build with other files from another will cause problems.

Please try loading CHDK with bootable SD card.

« Reply #143 on: 29 / October / 2018, 14:28:51 »
I guess you are using some other FI2 file, maybe from an old dev build? Mixing an FI2 file from one build with other files from another will cause problems.
FI2 taken from g7x-100d-1.5.0-4631-full_PREALPHA
In later archives, there is no this file.

I see you used "firmware update" to load CHDK.
Please try loading CHDK with bootable SD card.
I made a bootable SD card, but the download does not work. I did something wrong. For this I load CHDK through "firmware update".
Well, I will use the 5094 version of the CHDK. It works without problems.
Here is an example of the work of interval shooting. Shooting duration 3 hours.

Thanks again for your work on CHDK  :)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #144 on: 29 / October / 2018, 22:38:32 »
FI2 taken from g7x-100d-1.5.0-4631-full_PREALPHA
In later archives, there is no this file.
Correct, we stopped including it because it has problems with hardware initialization.

In any case, if you are using the 4631 FI2, then you should use all the other files that came in that zip. When you use firmware update, the FI2 is the main CHDK program. The modules need to match the program.

I made a bootable SD card, but the download does not work. I did something wrong. For this I load CHDK through "firmware update".
Well, I will use the 5094 version of the CHDK. It works without problems.
Did you get bootable SD card to work? If you are loading with the 4631 FI2, then you are really running 4631, with some modules from 5094.

If not, you should be able to use the 4631 build to make the card bootable in CHDK, and then just copy all the files from the latest trunk.

The card does need to be formatted FAT32, not exFAT. 64 GB and bigger probably come formatted exFAT.

Here is an example of the work of interval shooting. Shooting duration 3 hours.
Very nice :)

« Reply #145 on: 04 / November / 2018, 09:56:25 »
reyalp, where can I get FI2, for new CHDK?

G7 X porting thread
« Reply #146 on: 04 / November / 2018, 10:02:39 »
As mentioned earlier, Digic6 cameras do not always work correctly when booted using an fi2 file.  If you want to try anyway, and risk potentially damaging your camera (a slim possibility), then you'll have to build your own custom image, or convince someone to do it for you.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #147 on: 04 / November / 2018, 15:29:54 »
As I said above, I would strongly recommend getting bootable SD card to work.  It's not very complicated, and it's a much better long term solution than using FI2, even if the FI2 builds seem to work for you.

If you can explain what problem you have with making the card bootable, we may be able to help.

If you don't want CHDK enabled all the time, you can just unlock the card, or keep separate cards without it.