G7 X porting thread

• 167 Replies

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
Re: G7 X porting thread
« Reply #10 on: 14 / March / 2016, 06:40:50 »
Advertisements
Firmware was 1:00 rev 2:00 . Is this 100d ?
No, This is 1.00B (revision number: 1.00 > A, 2.00 > B, 3.00 > C a.s.o.) You can try to make a firmware dump.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #11 on: 15 / March / 2016, 18:26:07 »
 :D :D :D
No much time to play with g7x-100d-1.5.0-4544-full_PREALPHA.zip build, but I must tell you I successfully loaded it on my G7 X.
I started it with the firm update method, made the card bootable, shut the camera down, locked the card and voilà, CHDK is there.

I quickly made the most important tests (to me) :
  • ran a script, intervalometer.bas worked perfectly, no big surprise for you I guess
  • remote shutter feature (Ricoh CA-1) : OK!
I am so thankful you are working on this model. I remember you also worked back in '10 with Waldo on the S95, my previous camera. I got the G7 X 4 months back, come here and CHDK is already a work in progress! so great  :D
« Last Edit: 15 / March / 2016, 18:30:52 by m4mmon »

Online reyalp

« Reply #12 on: 20 / March / 2016, 20:44:32 »
Posted new test build 4561 in this post.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #13 on: 21 / March / 2016, 11:15:30 »
Hello Reyalp,
I'm happy - and impressed ! - you could start porting this camera.
I've downloaded the test version and will explore reactions with scripts.
first impression is very positive, although display is very small. I need to explore how to enlarge it to be able to read it ;-)
Many thanks !

Online reyalp

« Reply #14 on: 21 / March / 2016, 13:19:54 »
first impression is very positive, although display is very small. I need to explore how to enlarge it to be able to read it ;-)
You can enlarge the menu font in chdk settings->menu settings->Language & fonts. I have mine set to menu-a20.rbf

It currently isn't possible to enlarge most of the other OSD elements. Fixing this will require reworking the chdk display code for digic 6. This is something we plan to do, but it will take some time https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12788.0

« Reply #15 on: 22 / March / 2016, 13:17:32 »
Thanks, I've used some larger fonts for menus and it helps...but only for menus, as you said. Even used a 30 size, it's easier foro my old eyes ;-)
so far i'm testing some basic script commands and so far, all are working ! This camera will probably kap soon, thanks to you ;-)

« Reply #16 on: 29 / March / 2016, 12:33:25 »

Added jogdial support. This means you can use the control wheels in the CHDK menus, and that they are not seen by the canon firmware when you are in alt mode.
May i ask a clarification ? from my perspective, jogdial commands were already in previous build with wheel_left/_right script command. And eg when in Tv Mode, the wheel command are effectively changing the shutter speed and canon ui is updated in this mode.
did you, by any chance, add a command for the lens ring ? I don't know how to simulate this one in scripts ?

Online reyalp

« Reply #17 on: 29 / March / 2016, 13:55:29 »
May i ask a clarification ? from my perspective, jogdial commands were already in previous build with wheel_left/_right script command. And eg when in Tv Mode, the wheel command are effectively changing the shutter speed and canon ui is updated in this mode.
Yes, the left/right commands already worked, this change made the CHDK UI aware of the jogdail, so you can use it to navigate the CHDK menu, and use the front one to cycle through menu item values. It also prevents these events from reaching the canon firmware when you are in alt mode.

did you, by any chance, add a command for the lens ring ? I don't know how to simulate this one in scripts ?
There currently isn't support for this in the CHDK core. I would expect
post_levent_to_ui('RotateClickRingLeft',1) and post_levent_to_ui('RotateClickRingRight',1)
to simulate the control dial, but they don't appear to. Neither do the RotateRingFuncLeft and RotateRingFuncRight.

Offline c_joerg

« Reply #18 on: 31 / March / 2016, 12:31:07 »
If have now a G7x as well for the next 10 days for testing. Has the same firmware as yours. Made just some small test with rawopint…

Great job ... Thanks for doing this port…  :D :D :D

I also use the font ‘menu-a20.rbfv’, but I can’t still read it without glasses…. Yes that happens when you get older… which is the largest font?

It currently isn't possible to enlarge most of the other OSD elements. Fixing this will require reworking the chdk display code for digic 6. This is something we plan to do, but it will take some time https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12788.0

I agree, it’s really small… hard to read... but I have most parameters from rawopint and isoinc in my minds…  ;)
« Last Edit: 31 / March / 2016, 12:34:19 by c_joerg »
M100 100a, M3 121a, G9x II (1.00c), 2*G1x (101a,100e), S110 (103a), SX50 (100c), SX230 (101a), S45,
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136329431@N06/albums
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrTH0tHy9OYTVDzWIvXEMlw/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #19 on: 31 / March / 2016, 13:14:03 »
I also use the font ‘menu-a20.rbfv’, but I can’t still read it without glasses…. Yes that happens when you get older… which is the largest font?
You can build your own rbf font with the rbf editor. => http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/RBF_fonts#Tutorial:_How_to_make_RBF_fonts

msl

CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links