G7 X porting thread - page 5 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

G7 X porting thread

• 167 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: G7 X porting thread
« Reply #40 on: 06 / September / 2016, 02:21:02 »
Advertisements
Updated build (r4682) posted https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12692.msg127047#msg127047

* Includes preliminary PTP live view support https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6231.msg129812#msg129812
* Fixes false triggering in motion detection
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #41 on: 08 / September / 2016, 15:50:30 »
Hi,
Just tried out r4682 on my G7X.  It booted, but has a problem with alt mode.  Sometimes it boots up in alt mode, sometimes not.  I cannot get in or out of it by short press on video button.  Is is some other button or combination? I also tried turning on edge display, since getting the address of the image buffers is my interest in this camera.  It sort of worked: clearly the buffer size is wrong but the edge display seemed somewhat related to the image.  I would like to help find out the image buffer addresses and would appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction.

Jon

Offline Ant

« Reply #42 on: 08 / September / 2016, 16:26:22 »
would appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction

Try this: edgeoverlay.c

« Reply #43 on: 08 / September / 2016, 17:37:22 »
Another problem for me is that I have the old windows GUI environment and need to figure out how to compile in whatever new system exists.

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #44 on: 08 / September / 2016, 18:21:16 »
Another problem for me is that I have the old windows GUI environment and need to figure out how to compile in whatever new system exists.
Maybe this helps: https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12752.0

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline reyalp

« Reply #45 on: 08 / September / 2016, 21:59:28 »
Just tried out r4682 on my G7X.  It booted, but has a problem with alt mode.  Sometimes it boots up in alt mode, sometimes not.
CHDK should never start in alt mode, and I have not seen it do so on G7X.
I cannot get in or out of it by short press on video button.
The default alt button is the playback button, not video.
I also tried turning on edge display, since getting the address of the image buffers is my interest in this camera.
It's not just a matter of buffer addresses or sizes, the code needs to be re-written to take into account the different viewport and display buffer formats. I believe that Ant did some work on this, but I don't know what state it is in. See https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12542.msg129649#msg129649

« Reply #46 on: 10 / September / 2016, 11:48:09 »
Hi,
I commonly turn on the camera using the play button.  I think that causes it sometimes to open in alt mode.
I changed the alt button to video to avoid this.
Jon

« Reply #47 on: 29 / September / 2016, 13:23:18 »
I've been looking at the display buffers in PLAY mode.  There seem to be two buffers.  The first to be displayed (when I start the camera in play mode) is
vid_get_viewport_active_buffer() (same as vid_get_viewport_fb_d(), 0x5e608000 ).  This buffer gets used for every other image display.  I don't know the address for the other one.  I tried writing into vid_get_viewport_fb(), 0x43334300.  This seems to mess up future displays, but is not alligned with the images.

I'm confused about writing into vid_get_viewport_fb(), doesn't always seem to change the future displays, but do think that there are two display buffers.
« Last Edit: 29 / September / 2016, 13:47:52 by hiker_jon »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #48 on: 29 / September / 2016, 16:24:56 »
I've been looking at the display buffers in PLAY mode.  There seem to be two buffers.  The first to be displayed (when I start the camera in play mode) is
vid_get_viewport_active_buffer() (same as vid_get_viewport_fb_d(), 0x5e608000 ).  This buffer gets used for every other image display.
As far as I know, the vid_get_viewport_fb_d() in the current SVN  is correct.

I'm confused about writing into vid_get_viewport_fb(), doesn't always seem to change the future displays, but do think that there are two display buffers.
In general, CHDK does not write into the viewport buffer, we use the bitmap/UI buffers like the Canon UI does. What are you expecting to accomplish by doing this? The functions to get the buffer are implemented to provide the most recent buffer for display, MD etc., not a buffer to write to.

On Digic 6, the bitmap buffer is full color, so there's even less possible reason to write to the viewport.

edit:
See the sx60 thread https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12532.msg129908#msg129908 for some discussion of vid_get_viewport_fb_d()
« Last Edit: 29 / September / 2016, 16:28:00 by reyalp »

« Reply #49 on: 29 / September / 2016, 17:15:35 »
Hi,
I will look at the sx60 stuff.
I want to modify the image shown: for instance show a stereo pair using side by side or anaglyph or do some image processing on the image, like sharpen it.  This used to be possible in CHDK.
I can write to the buffer vid_get_viewport_fb_d().  This works fine (at least the buffer can be modified, I am not sure of the colors) for every second displayed image. 

What do you mean by "full color".  For the bitmap?   Is the viewport encoding not UYVY 4 bytes for 2 pixels?  Is the color a different format from the old UYVYYY format?  I think I am seeing this.

Jon
« Last Edit: 29 / September / 2016, 17:58:05 by hiker_jon »