supplierdeeply

rawopint.lua: Fast, accurate intervalometer with raw exposure metering

• 51 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: rawopint.lua: Fast, accurate intervalometer with raw exposure metering
« Reply #50 on: 03 / October / 2017, 16:28:06 »
Advertisements
I tried setting the Interval to 600 (* 1/10 s -> one picture every 60 seconds), with Shots set to 0 (unlimited), but the camera only took one picture.
Thanks, you've found a bug. The script was written to take pictures as fast as possible, so I haven't really tested long intervals. It will probably fail if the interval is a longer than 10 seconds + the time require to shoot.

If you want to try a workaround, you can change the line (around line 1758 in the file)
Code: [Select]
hook_shoot.set(10000)
to something like
Code: [Select]
hook_shoot.set(10000+interval)
However, there might be other problems with long intervals.

Also, you should know the method this script uses for exposure calculation is not really suited to long intervals. It uses the image data from the previous shot, so with a 60 second interval, there's a lot more likely to be major changes. For long intervals like this, you might be better of using an intervalometer that does a half press and camera auto-exposure every shot.

BTW is there a way of reading/setting menu values on the card?
The settings are stored in CHDK/DATA/rawopint.N where N is the number of the parameter set in the menu. You could edit this manually if you are careful.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: rawopint.lua: Fast, accurate intervalometer with raw exposure metering
« Reply #51 on: 04 / October / 2017, 05:04:34 »
Thanks, reyalp, I'm using the program to monitor my super battery pack to try to understand what is going wrong with the connections between the battery and the camera (A470). Some sets of wires (jumper leads with croc clips, 30 cm) seem to work just fine and I can get the predicted 11 hours of shooting out of the batteries; with others (DC power output lead, 2 m) the camera shuts down after much less time. Even inserting a standard 9V  battery clip shortens the shooting time considerably. Resistance doesn't seem to be an issue (all weigh in at about 0.5 - 1.0 ohms).

Cheers, Lee