Windows GUI for gcc toolchain - page 4 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Windows GUI for gcc toolchain

• 58 Replies
Re: Windows GUI for gcc toolchain
« Reply #30 on: 21 / May / 2016, 11:06:24 »
Advertisements
Another thing. The new default forum theme is a disaster - sorry. E.g. formatting with the list tag is so not more really readable.
I keep forgetting that there is a new theme.  I setup my profile to revert to the old one.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #31 on: 21 / May / 2016, 11:35:52 »
I keep forgetting that there is a new theme.  I setup my profile to revert to the old one.
I'm too. But not everywhere I have an automatic login. I need a simple theme which is readable on PCs and mobile devices without of any facebook or other social media listings on the start site. Tapatalk is not an option for me. I hate such data collector. But that's another discussion.

Sorry for the offtopic.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline dvip

« Reply #32 on: 21 / May / 2016, 12:44:46 »
@msl,

>You can copy the user list in another source code...

Thanks for the tip. 

>Are all cameras available?

Yes, as far as I know.

>This is available - option 'full'. Please note the tool tips of the
>GUI elements.

I did try that, but still get the both the full zip and the small zip. When clicking on "Compile List" and "Full" is checked.

I just want the full zip to be created. Don't need the small one.
Good to have this if it saves time, but no big deal if it keeps the program simple.

>The goal of this GUI is, to keep the code as simple as possible.

Good point.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: 21 / May / 2016, 21:22:19 by dvip »

Offline msl

• CHDK-DE links
« Reply #33 on: 21 / May / 2016, 13:17:31 »
I did try that, but still get the both the full zip and the small zip.
Ok, now I understand the problem. That's more a thing of the makefile procedure in the CHDK source code. Also the different naming of the zip files is not quite ok.

msl

« Reply #34 on: 21 / May / 2016, 19:01:44 »

I'm too. But not everywhere I have an automatic login. I need a simple theme which is readable on PCs and mobile devices without of any facebook or other social media listings on the start site. Tapatalk is not an option for me. I hate such data collector. But that's another discussion.Sorry for the offtopic.msl

Hi,
The site has been like this for years now, I guess. The visible change of the facebook page timeline is more visual/feature than anything - the "like box" was already there, so was the code. The is no change in any of the information that was available before, the recent topics remain at the center column. Also, on the website's main page, on the top right of the central content columns you can find two tiny "-" buttons: these hide each of the sidebars.   

As for mobile, the mobile theme apparently was good enough for light browsing. 

That said, if you have suggestions/critique, please create a topic on the Forum Related issues board, I won't get notifications from this thread.

Cheers!

Offline lapser

« Reply #35 on: 08 / September / 2017, 12:54:18 »
msl,

I'm so thankful that you kept this project going for all these years. I was able to use it to compile some improvements that I needed to write a CHDK script to photograph the recent total solar eclipse with the EOS-M3 attached to a telescope. I couldn't have done it without you (or without reyalp, ant, and all the others who contributed to the CHDK project)!

I did notice that after succesfully compiling, I always get this error:

/usr/bin/sh: svnversion: command not found

It's not a big deal, but if you know how to correct the problem easily, please let me know.
=====
Here's the solar eclipse time lapse that you helped make possible:

EOS-M3_120f / SX50_100b / SX260_101a / G1X_100g / D20_100b
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrLapser/videos

Offline msl

• CHDK-DE links
« Reply #36 on: 08 / September / 2017, 17:26:03 »
A very nice video.

I think the error is a gcc toolchain issue. You can try to copy the svn*.exe files from a tortoise svn installation to the bin dir of the gcc toolchain.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this problem (Win10, installed tortoise svn, gcc 4.9.3 - see the first post, recent chdk source code).

msl

Offline lapser

« Reply #37 on: 08 / September / 2017, 18:02:42 »
OK, thanks for checking on it. I don't have tortoise svn installed, so that's probably it. It's not really a problem other than the error message.
EOS-M3_120f / SX50_100b / SX260_101a / G1X_100g / D20_100b
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrLapser/videos

Offline c_joerg

« Reply #38 on: 23 / May / 2019, 13:49:38 »
The CHDK Shell is outdated and will not work anymore.
Try this: https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12752.0 or http://forum.chdk-treff.de/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3512

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, in the first post no pictures of the settings can be seen anymore.

I have everything installed so far. I get same error on WIN7 when compiling:
/usr/bin/sh: svnversion: command not found

But my PRIMARY.BIN is empty…

I don't have tortoise svn installed, so that's probably it.

I also not.
« Last Edit: 23 / May / 2019, 13:51:52 by c_joerg »
M100 100a, M3 121a, G9x II (1.00c), 2*G1x (101a,100e), S110 (103a), SX50 (100c), SX230 (101a), S45,
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136329431@N06/albums
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrTH0tHy9OYTVDzWIvXEMlw/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Offline msl

• CHDK-DE links
« Reply #39 on: 23 / May / 2019, 14:52:44 »
The error is unimportant for the compiling. It is more a problem with the correct version of the svn.exe and the versioning.

Have you checked the bin folder for the compiled CHDK version in the source code directory (...\trunk-5216\bin)?

A empty PRIMARY.BIN is ok. The empty file is created during compilation.

The capstone folder is only optional for developers.

You can activate the following options in the GUI:

DE_VERSION -> usefull for german language as default language
FORCE_LUA_CALL_NATIVE -> default active

msl

« Last Edit: 24 / May / 2019, 04:34:59 by msl »