eos M10 port - page 16 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

eos M10 port

• 327 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: eos M10 port
« Reply #150 on: 16 / December / 2017, 15:56:39 »
Advertisements
If I did not already have so many cameras, I would be really weak ...
222€ (only Today) for an EOS M10 + 15-45mm
http://www.saturn.de/de/product/_canon-eos-m10-stm-kit-2056750.html
Folks in the US can also get a pretty good deal on this kit from Canon refurb ($278 through the 19th) https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-digital-slr-cameras#facet:-81036979833277&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:11&pageView:grid&pageSize:&
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #151 on: 17 / December / 2017, 15:53:16 »
I'm starting to explore, trying to have a script for replacing the unexisting AEB function.
Is there any way to use a script command to simulate the front dial action ? I've tested the wheel_left / right command but does not seem to have any effect
(I've also noticed that the front dial  of the camera is still active while a script is running).

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #152 on: 17 / December / 2017, 16:27:00 »
I've tested the wheel_left / right command but does not seem to have any effect
It does work in playback mode, but it is ineffective in rec mode. I tried all other rotation related named keyboard events too, without luck.
You'll probably need to use the CHDK exposure override functions instead.
(I've also noticed that the front dial  of the camera is still active while a script is running).
Not sure if that's expected behaviour. The dial is still blocked when browsing the CHDK menu.

edit:
Tried using the jogdial on the sx280, and the rotation events are not masked either when running a script. So, this isn't M10 specific.
« Last Edit: 17 / December / 2017, 16:46:39 by srsa_4c »

« Reply #153 on: 17 / December / 2017, 17:12:50 »
It does work in playback mode, but it is ineffective in rec mode. I tried all other rotation related named keyboard events too, without luck.
You'll probably need to use the CHDK exposure override functions instead.
That's bad luck, as  I had in mind to preview the EV correction on display with this command.
Thanks anyway for what is already achieved

« Reply #154 on: 18 / December / 2017, 03:34:38 »
Surprisingly, I"ve noticed that when you enter EV correction menu by clicking the "up" key the only way to change EV is using the front dial, but if you enter the EV correction menu by "touch screen" you can then modifify with front dial, but also left/right keys. by chance, is there any way to simulate this click on Ev menu in a script command ?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #155 on: 18 / December / 2017, 11:43:11 »
is there any way to simulate this click on Ev menu in a script command ?
I have not had any success with this so far. I was experimenting with logical events, using the post_levent_to_ui function.
Since the number of named events is quite high, I only tried a few (those with exp and rotate in their name). The list is attached (you need the 'name' column).
It might also be possible that some unnamed events would do the job (good luck finding them  :( ).
As far as I know, nobody implemented generation of touch events.

Hmmm. Looks like UIprop 10 is the exposure compensation. It's a bit painful to use, see this and the linked thread. Don't forget to add 0x8000 to the ID.
« Last Edit: 18 / December / 2017, 11:49:56 by srsa_4c »

« Reply #156 on: 19 / December / 2017, 04:04:53 »
It does work in playback mode,
Thanks so far I did not notive this. this makes menu navigation easier.

It's a bit painful to use, see this and the linked thread
I'm afraid I'm getting off limits ;-) although I've read this a couple of times, I would not say painful is appropriate for me, as i don't get any clue about this. (and probably not only a language issue :-= )
Apologize for posting questions i m not abe to understand answers !
I keep in mind that finding out touch screen events is an illusion. I need to find other simpler ways to use keys.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #157 on: 21 / December / 2017, 13:57:57 »
I'm afraid I'm getting off limits ;-) although I've read this a couple of times, I would not say painful is appropriate for me, as i don't get any clue about this.
That wiki page and thread is about a method that enables changing certain camera settings.
Since your goal was
trying to have a script for replacing the unexisting AEB function
I thought that offering a method for setting exposure compensation directly would be helpful. That method does not require any keypresses or menu usage.
To use it in a Lua script, you need to execute the following code once (at the beginning of your script)
Code: [Select]
call_event_proc("UI.Create") -- register PTM_* functionsand then use the following as many times as you like.
Code: [Select]
call_event_proc("PTM_SetCurrentItem", 0x8000 + 10, <exp comp value>)where <exp comp value> is an integer number between 0 and 18. 0 means -3EV, 9 means 0 EV, 18 means +3EV.
Be careful though, because setting UI properties to an invalid value (in our case, an integer less than zero or greater than 18) usually crashes the camera.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #158 on: 21 / December / 2017, 14:46:15 »
By the way, I just tried the CHDK scriptless bracketing (Enhanced photo operations -> Bracketing in continuous mode), and it appears to work correctly for exposure.

Edit:
ISO and Tv bracketing works
Av bracketing crashes the cam
Didn't dare trying focus.
« Last Edit: 21 / December / 2017, 14:59:04 by srsa_4c »

« Reply #159 on: 21 / December / 2017, 17:08:24 »
Av bracketing crashes the cam
I've just had a look yesterday and thougth that this was not working due to the lack of bracketting.  I did not even test the tv bracket !! I should have tested a bit more.
I can confirm it works fine for Tv
To use it in a Lua script...
thanks....but thats the trick; it took so long for me to get familiar to ubasic that I'm still very reluctant to initiate such effort with lua. However i had a look into the combination of lua/ptp/notepad++? . I'm very impressed with such tools and this could make things a bit les complicated if i decide to make that -big- step.