supplierdeeply

eos M10 port

• 195 Replies
Re: eos M10 port
« Reply #190 on: 13 / April / 2018, 15:35:59 »
Advertisements
Wouldnt a post event to UI work? I mean simulate pushing the arrows. 

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #191 on: 13 / April / 2018, 15:41:43 »
Wouldnt a post event to UI work? I mean simulate pushing the arrows.
Sadly, this is a touchscreen only operation, physical buttons can't move the magnified area.

« Reply #192 on: 13 / April / 2018, 15:44:05 »
I wonder if the ghost UI keyboard task still would respond. Probably not, but Canon may not have bothered to turn it off. 

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #193 on: 13 / April / 2018, 15:53:00 »
I wonder if the ghost UI keyboard task still would respond.
Can you explain/expand this? I have no idea what that "ghost UI keyboard task" is supposed to mean.

« Reply #194 on: 13 / April / 2018, 19:34:10 »
It's just a thought, that there may still be logical Ui events hooked up to the OS which in practice never occur because it's a touch screen, but were there for develop and test purposes. Im assuming there is still a stripped down keyboard task running in the M10? Is it really stripped down? 

Like in the sx60, you only have a single jog dial, but you might simulate the action of the second jog dial which physically doesn't exist, by posting appropriate UI events, that appear to the OS as coming from a ghost device. 

I haven't tried this.  Probably impossible for many reasons that are obvious to someone who has a deeper understanding. 

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #195 on: 14 / April / 2018, 07:13:25 »
It's just a thought, that there may still be logical Ui events hooked up to the OS which in practice never occur because it's a touch screen, but were there for develop and test purposes.
These sort of things do exist (to some extent), but it's the task named CtrlSrv (control server) that handles them. The keyboard task (PhySw) only supplies keyboard events (plus jogdials in D6) to CtrlSrv.
Like in the sx60, you only have a single jog dial, but you might simulate the action of the second jog dial which physically doesn't exist, by posting appropriate UI events, that appear to the OS as coming from a ghost device.
The M10 also supports a nonexisting jogdial, but it's only effective in playback mode and therefore not really useful.
The logical events I mentioned recently (related to magnified liveview) likely only exist on the EOS M series, since that feature was never present in PowerShots.