New site-wide Theme! What do you think? - page 3 - Forum related topics (including issues) - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Poll

How do you feel about this new theme?

It's great!
9 (39.1%)
It's ok, could use some improvement.
4 (17.4%)
It's ok, but better than the old one.
1 (4.3%)
I prefer the old one.
7 (30.4%)
Bring back the old one. NOW!
1 (4.3%)
Other (type comment below).
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

New site-wide Theme! What do you think?

• 48 Replies
Re: New site-wide Theme! What do you think?
« Reply #20 on: 28 / February / 2016, 18:48:45 »
Advertisements
Also, it seems like the "notify me of replies" option got turned on by default for me, where it was off before. (this is a user profile option, it just seems to have been changed by the update)

Yeah, all of those options are profile based, but I didn't enforce it, at least not willfully. I'll review those and reset them globally if needed.
It seems like notifications are enabled for every thread I posted in prior to the update, even though I previously did not have them enabled. With the traffic level on the forum this isn't a huge deal, but if there's an easy fix, it would be nice not get an email every time someone replies to an old thread.

That's weird. What are the options you have set on "Modify Profile" > "Notifications"?

Cheers

Offline reyalp

« Reply #21 on: 28 / February / 2016, 18:55:06 »
That's weird. What are the options you have set on "Modify Profile" > "Notifications"?
Hmm, I *thought* I had both options unchecked, but "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic." was on. I've turned it off now.

Maybe that was it.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #22 on: 28 / February / 2016, 19:07:11 »
Hmm, I *thought* I had both options unchecked, but "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic." was on. I've turned it off now.

Maybe that was it.

Ok, if it's not do check back. Cheers

Offline jules

« Reply #23 on: 01 / March / 2016, 02:40:49 »
On my phone (Android Chrome) new theme appears nice and space-efficient. The contrary on my laptop, where I mostly read the forum.

On laptop (Win 7 Firefox) the new theme 'wastes' a lot of space. Nearly full screen to present 'top of the page' menus and headings, with duplicated topic heading in very large font, example attached.

For laptop, compact menu bars and smaller headings would be nice. If not feasible to change, that's okay. It's a great forum and content more important than layout. Many thanks for keeping it working so well  :)

« Reply #24 on: 01 / March / 2016, 08:31:46 »
On my phone (Android Chrome) new theme appears nice and space-efficient. The contrary on my laptop, where I mostly read the forum.

On laptop (Win 7 Firefox) the new theme 'wastes' a lot of space. Nearly full screen to present 'top of the page' menus and headings, with duplicated topic heading in very large font, example attached.

For laptop, compact menu bars and smaller headings would be nice. If not feasible to change, that's okay. It's a great forum and content more important than layout. Many thanks for keeping it working so well  :)

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer on small resolution computer screens. One thing you can do in the meantime is just to close the sub-header (menu button next to the user menu). Most of you won't need to use the top menu after being in the forum. 

« Reply #25 on: 01 / March / 2016, 08:58:27 »

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer on small resolution computer screens. One thing you can do in the meantime is just to close the sub-header (menu button next to the user menu). Most of you won't need to use the top menu after being in the forum.
Or, as you mentioned earlier, you can pick a different theme (including the previous one) in your user profile. 

One nice thing about the recent changes is that if you do change your theme, you now still get the compact mode when browsing on a mobile phone!

Nice.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline jules

« Reply #26 on: 01 / March / 2016, 22:12:00 »
Thanks for helpful info waterwingz. Earlier I missed the option* to change themes.

Now I've restored the previous theme. Happy about that, much better than the new one on my computer. Haven't yet checked on my phone, hopefully still compact as you describe.

*In case anyone needs it, look in Profile | Modify profile | Look & Layout | Current theme: (change)

« Reply #27 on: 03 / March / 2016, 02:41:37 »
« Last Edit: 03 / March / 2016, 02:52:01 by andrew.stephens.754365 »

« Reply #28 on: 03 / March / 2016, 14:44:47 »
Is there a way to bookmark?

( e.g. https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12752.msg126667#msg126667)

I added the Bookmark button next to 'Reply', hadn't noticed it was gone.

« Reply #29 on: 03 / March / 2016, 16:05:06 »
I added the Bookmark button next to 'Reply', hadn't noticed it was gone.

Neither had I, until I decided I wanted to bookmark that thread  ;)

Thanks.