supplierdeeply

Display (bitmap overlay)

• 141 Replies

Offline Ant

Re: Display (bitmap overlay)
« Reply #140 on: 11 / February / 2019, 05:16:56 »
Advertisements
How well is the M3 working in qemu? Does arm side mzrm messaging work, so stuff like this can be debugged?
Menu navigation works only in playback mode, without images on card(probably because of missing the Omar core).
Yes.
 https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2864.msg211107#msg211107

Other alternative (for me) is to port a1ex's mpu exception stuff as I see no easy way to intercept this drawing path.
Probably there is another way. But it's need to check if canon code updates the pointer at 0xBFF00420 or not.

I wonder what happens if you're outside the menu

« Last Edit: 11 / February / 2019, 13:17:40 by Ant »

Offline srsa_4c

Re: Display (bitmap overlay)
« Reply #141 on: 11 / February / 2019, 18:26:22 »
Menu navigation works only in playback mode, without images on card(probably because of missing the Omar core).
Have you published your qemu changes somewhere?

Other alternative (for me) is to port a1ex's mpu exception stuff as I see no easy way to intercept this drawing path.
Probably there is another way. But it's need to check if canon code updates the pointer at 0xBFF00420 or not.
I meant the higher level ARM side functions, many of those don't call any RAM functions and can only be intercepted with the MPU exception method.
I'm still trying to research what jedidraw is capable of (the yuv bitmap method). I already found that one of the 0x64 (100 decimal) bytes is image brightness. Would be great if it supported different image formats or transparency.