A630 .lua scripts will not run - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

A630 .lua scripts will not run

• 2 Replies
A630 .lua scripts will not run
« on: 21 / March / 2016, 23:32:57 »
Advertisements
Hello

I am using an A630. CHDK 1.4

When executing .lua scripts that I have added the scripts folder they fail.

TLapse1.lua for example.

I copy the script into notepad. Save that with settings of 'All Files' and 'UTF-8'. I then move that file into the scripts folder on the memory card. In the camera the script is available, parameters are configurable, but the script will not run.

I have searched the net for two days and have not been able to solve, let alone determine what the problem is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Offline reyalp

Re: A630 .lua scripts will not run
« Reply #1 on: 22 / March / 2016, 00:39:52 »
I copy the script into notepad. Save that with settings of 'All Files' and 'UTF-8'.
You should use plain ASCII text, not UTF-8. Some editors insert a BOM in UTF-8 files. You should see an error message when you run the script if this is the problem.

I then move that file into the scripts folder on the memory card. In the camera the script is available, parameters are configurable, but the script will not run.
How exactly are you trying to run the script? The script menu only selects the script. To run the currently selected script, you must press the shutter button while in alt mode.

If you are doing this, there should be some error message or other response when you try to run the script.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: A630 .lua scripts will not run
« Reply #2 on: 22 / March / 2016, 01:13:38 »
Thank you for your response.

Notepad did not have ASCII as an option. I saved the notepad file as ANSi. Now the script is working.

Now I just need to get camera to give me some nice shots of the moon.

Thank you player backwards for your answers.