chdkptp onion skin (was Re: CHDK PTP interface) - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

chdkptp onion skin (was Re: CHDK PTP interface)

• 9 Replies

Offline KNEi

• sx230hs
chdkptp onion skin (was Re: CHDK PTP interface)
« on: 24 / March / 2016, 19:57:10 »
Advertisements
Hi again! I wondering is it possible to make option to change a picture for onion skiin (take any picture for overlaing)?

Offline reyalp

Re: chdkptp onion skin (was Re: CHDK PTP interface)
« Reply #1 on: 24 / March / 2016, 22:54:53 »
I split this into a new topic, since it's not really related to protocol development. (previous discussion in the chkdptp thread https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6231.780 for reference)

Hi again! I wondering is it possible to make option to change a picture for onion skiin (take any picture for overlaing)?
You mean use a saved picture instead of grab? If that's what you want, it should be pretty easy to add.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Last Edit: 24 / March / 2016, 23:19:01 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 25 / March / 2016, 00:46:33 »
Wasn't there a medium length conversation about this last year?
Since KNEi posted those in those threads and made the videos with the resulting script, I'm pretty sure this is a request for a new feature.

edit:
Attached are updated Lua files that add a "load" button between grab and clear.  This lets you load a file for the overlay.

The file must be in ppm format, and should have the same dimensions as the live view. The screenshot button will get you an image in the exact size and format.

Gimp can open and export ppm files. When you export, you must use RAW, not ASCII

I haven't tested this very much.
« Last Edit: 25 / March / 2016, 02:47:23 by reyalp »

Offline KNEi

• sx230hs
« Reply #4 on: 25 / March / 2016, 04:34:22 »
Yes, that's what I ment  :)  Thank you! I'll test it a little later, сause haven't camera at the moment.

Offline KNEi

• sx230hs
« Reply #5 on: 26 / March / 2016, 11:14:18 »
Thank's again! The script works great! But still want to tell you what is missing in this program for stop motion. Something like time line to see previous photos and possability to quick delete through the programm. I attached this video for explanation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmpBhe9OuUU
But I think it's too hard to realize it...If it so, could you make one buttom that can "
jpg remote [/size]shoot" and "screenshot" at the same time?
[/color]

Offline reyalp

« Reply #6 on: 26 / March / 2016, 16:12:09 »
Thank's again! The script works great! But still want to tell you what is missing in this program for stop motion. Something like time line to see previous photos and possability to quick delete through the programm. I attached this video for explanation.
But I think it's too hard to realize it...
Yeah, that would be a much bigger project. If someone wants to write a dedicated stop motion GUI, I'd be happy to include it, but I don't have time to do it myself. The stuff I've been posting is quick hacks.
If it so, could you make one buttom that can "jpg remote shoot" and "screenshot" at the same time?
Attached code does this. There's a new check box "Auto screenshot". When this is checked, a screenshot will be saved as grab_NNNN.ppm in the same directory as the images. NNNN should be the same number as the image, but it might be wrong for the first shot or if the canon counter resets.

You can use this with or without autograb, the screenshot does not include the current overlay.

Offline KNEi

• sx230hs
« Reply #7 on: 26 / March / 2016, 16:58:36 »
Thank you very much! It'll make the process of filming much better and easier :)
By the way, the number of photo is right!
« Last Edit: 26 / March / 2016, 17:10:49 by KNEi »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #8 on: 26 / March / 2016, 17:40:39 »
Thank you very much! It'll make the process of filming much better and easier :)
Glad to hear it, looking forward to more videos :)
By the way, the number of photo is right!
What I meant is that it might sometimes wrong. The screenshot is taken before shooting, so it uses get_exp_count()+1 for the number. There are some cases where the camera can reset the number, for example if you shoot ~2000 images. Then the camera number will be 1, but the grab might be 2001. Depending how you use it, you might never see this.

edit: this should be rare, if it happens at all.
« Last Edit: 26 / March / 2016, 17:42:11 by reyalp »

Offline KNEi

• sx230hs
« Reply #9 on: 26 / March / 2016, 20:17:16 »
So pity that not enough time for shooting. But I'll try to do something as fast as I can :)
Now I can use any picture as a template for shooting sceene. That changes a lot!
Thank's again for your support!