supplierdeeply

linear PCM mono to stereo

• 2 Replies
linear PCM mono to stereo
« on: 30 / March / 2016, 09:28:57 »
Advertisements
Hi

I have a canon A2200, who record video in linear PCM mono with a poor bitrate
It's possible to use CHDK to record in stereo at more high level bitrate.
I know mp3 record consume lot of cpu, pcm audio is not a problem for me but i need better quality in bitrate and stereo audio, (fake stereo that is 2 mono channel assembled is ok for me)

Do you think this feature exist somewehere ?

Offline srsa_4c

Re: linear PCM mono to stereo
« Reply #1 on: 30 / March / 2016, 13:06:45 »
Hi

I have a canon A2200, who record video in linear PCM mono with a poor bitrate
It's possible to use CHDK to record in stereo at more high level bitrate.
I know mp3 record consume lot of cpu, pcm audio is not a problem for me but i need better quality in bitrate and stereo audio, (fake stereo that is 2 mono channel assembled is ok for me)

Do you think this feature exist somewehere ?
First, CHDK doesn't currently have a feature like this.
Second, this would not be possible on the a2200. Here's why:
This cam doesn't have an external audio codec (a dedicated audio circuit that has A/D and D/A converters). The microphone's signal is directly digitized by the main DIGIC CPU which has very limited A/D capabilities for audio. This cam records 8 bit audio samples with 12kHz sampling rate, neither of which can be increased.

Re: linear PCM mono to stereo
« Reply #2 on: 31 / March / 2016, 08:50:37 »
Hi

yearrrrrr very incredible answer !
thanks a lot !!
:-( it's not possible but many thanks for this informations
I don't know how you discover that this cam have a dedicated audio circuit but many thaks, know i undrstand the only way I have to obtain viewable video is to change this cam.(For me a cam make 720p video with 8bit and 12khz is a bullshit and I don't understand how it's possible to make an high quality video record with a poor audio like this)