change Shutter bouton for S110 - page 2 - Script Writing - CHDK Forum  

change Shutter bouton for S110

• 14 Replies
Re: change Shutter bouton for S110
« Reply #10 on: 14 / April / 2016, 06:32:33 »
Advertisements
dear all

du to "jet lag" ... i worked yersterday evenning with the idea of Waterwings:

> programming CHDK to start the script when "alt" is pressed.
> the simpliest script ever written :  "shoot"  (I will enter the CHDK's guiness book !)

consequence: I must press twice "alt" to take a photo but it is better than nothing.

>> I am able to use my camera underwater again !.

now, i will improve with your ideas.
once again thanks

i will give some news , once tested in real life.

change Shutter bouton for S110
« Reply #11 on: 14 / April / 2016, 08:08:01 »
consequence: I must press twice "alt" to take a photo but it is better than nothing.
If you make your script two lines long by adding a call to the function   exit_alt  0 then you won't need the second press.   However, you will be locked out of actually using <ALT> mode until you delete the script from the SD card

Edit : you could also try the script I posted. That solves both problems ;)
« Last Edit: 14 / April / 2016, 09:05:12 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #12 on: 14 / April / 2016, 20:41:50 »
Waterwings and other suggest a "custom version" of CHDK ?. what is it ?
Salut Martin

Here is a thread that demonstrates a hack that could also be used with your camera : Key exchange.  I've tested it successfully with my G10 - using the "metering key" to shoot.
« Last Edit: 14 / April / 2016, 20:43:40 by waterwingz »

« Reply #13 on: 18 / April / 2016, 02:48:19 »
HI

I've tested the script given by Waterwings. it works perfectly. and because half-shutter still works, i assigned the shutter button in the script !! .

another point : the "ring" , front af the camera still works in alt mode >> i do not need to exit alt mode while changing mannualy exposure (one of my most used function).

i will try to manage the script , to shoot when releasing "half-sutter button", to let the camera focus under my control.

thanks a lot. i hav now got my camera quite repaired !

florent

« Reply #14 on: 19 / April / 2016, 08:46:53 »
i will try to manage the script , to shoot when releasing "half-sutter button", to let the camera focus under my control.
That's exactly what the "One Press" mode of the USB Remote code does - focus and set exposure on the press,  shoot on the release.  And it's how I would manage a shutter "full press" replacement using the code posted here : Key exchange