Remote shutter button starts video record in video mode issue? - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Remote shutter button starts video record in video mode issue?

• 4 Replies
Advertisements
Hi there people. I am using Canon PowerShot SX50 with CHDK in it, with remote shutter Pixel Oppilas E3. I need to use the video record remotely with that wireless trigger, but when I hit the shutter on the trigger it takes only photos. Is there already some script that tells the camera to use the shutter button for recording video in video mode instead the video button? Excuse me if this is wrong section of the forum, I dig most of the web and didn't find any related answers to that issue.

Regards

Re: Remote shutter button starts video record in video mode issue?
« Reply #1 on: 23 / June / 2016, 10:52:58 »
IIRC, the external trigger jack on the SX50 is wired in parrallel with the built-in shutter button.  They both poke the same bit in the button hardware variables.

If so,  a script to do what you want will be trivial.  In fact something tells me I have posted something like that in the past but it will probably faster to recode and test it that find it again.  Give me a day or two unless someone else posts first.  I need to find my SX50 so that I can test the script.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 23 / June / 2016, 18:19:37 »
Thank you very much, waterwingz.

« Reply #3 on: 25 / June / 2016, 10:31:32 »
Here you go - script attached.

Tested on one of my SX50s using a remote shutter switch plugged into the side jack on the camera.

Depending on your application, you might want to set this script to "autostart" so that it runs when the camera is turned on.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #4 on: 29 / June / 2016, 00:47:08 »
Working just perfect, exactly what I needed. You have a favor from me, waterwingz, thank you. :)