How to STOP script via USB remote? - page 4 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

How to STOP script via USB remote?

• 37 Replies

Offline Paco

Re: How to STOP script via USB remote?
« Reply #30 on: 27 / June / 2016, 19:45:14 »
Advertisements
I meant scripts like interval.lua. I have always had to run them that way with the remote enabled.

« Reply #31 on: 27 / June / 2016, 21:10:59 »
I meant scripts like interval.lua. I have always had to run them that way with the remote enabled.
But it takes a press and release to start them. Right?

EDIT :if what you want is to run any loaded script when you press the remote ... and have it stop when you next press (but don't necessarily release the remote) ... there is currently no way to make that happen without modifying each script.

Attached is the variation of the script I mentioned above.  It runs forever .. shooting pictures at the specified intervalometer interval when the USB remote is pressed (+5V to the USB port) and waiting when the remote is not pressed.

And I think I'm done.  I've run out of options for what you are after if this is not right. Sorry ..
« Last Edit: 27 / June / 2016, 23:03:57 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline Paco

« Reply #32 on: 28 / June / 2016, 01:48:01 »
Yes. It takes a press and release to start and stop a script. I thought it would require a press to start and a release to stop. But now that I think of it, that would only be desirable in my situation where I am plugging/unplugging the USB connector into that charger I posted about a while ago. I guess with a momentary switch, press and release are automatic. I'll have to modify my charger or buy an LED flashlight so I can have a normal momentary switch.

I will try this new script tomorrow and let you know how it works.

Thanks.

Offline Paco

« Reply #33 on: 29 / June / 2016, 01:48:22 »

EDIT :if what you want is to run any loaded script when you press the remote ... and have it stop when you next press (but don't necessarily release the remote) ... there is currently no way to make that happen without modifying each script.

Attached is the variation of the script I mentioned above.  It runs forever .. shooting pictures at the specified intervalometer interval when the USB remote is pressed (+5V to the USB port) and waiting when the remote is not pressed.

OK. This does work! Thank you!

I assumed you have to modify each script to get this behavior.

Questions:

Is leaving +5v on the USB port during the run time in any way 'bad' for the port or camera?

Is the current draw fairly low during this time so as not to drain the battery of the remote switch?

How to STOP script via USB remote?
« Reply #34 on: 29 / June / 2016, 06:29:22 »
Is leaving +5v on the USB port during the run time in any way 'bad' for the port or camera?
No.

Is the current draw fairly low during this time so as not to drain the battery of the remote switch?
Yes.  Although it is very low, it's not zero and will drain the battery eventually.

Offline Paco

« Reply #35 on: 29 / June / 2016, 14:00:21 »
Actually I forgot I have this cheapo little `USB Detector`. I plugged it in between the charger and the USB connector to the cable and got:

Off:

2.84v @ 0.00A

On:

5.19v @ 0.00A

So either way, it is outputting a maximum of less than maybe 0.005A, assuming rounding up would take place if it were more than that. The batteries are rated 2700 mAh so that is approx. 540 hours. Pretty good.
 So I can keep limping along with this charger using your successful mod, or I can make a new momentary remote.

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it. I'm glad to see that CHDK is alive and well enough that it has such great support.

« Reply #36 on: 29 / June / 2016, 14:24:51 »
I would expect the current draw to be less than 0.0005 A.

Offline Paco

« Reply #37 on: 30 / June / 2016, 00:52:45 »
Really? The batteries would die of old age before they'd run out of power from use. :)