digic 6 motion detection (was Re: SX60HS Porting) - page 6 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

digic 6 motion detection (was Re: SX60HS Porting)

• 87 Replies

Offline Ant

Re: digic 6 motion detection (was Re: SX60HS Porting)
« Reply #50 on: 28 / August / 2016, 06:44:24 »
Advertisements
I don't remember exactly, but crash could be caused by drawing MD grids. Check UI buffer parameters

« Reply #51 on: 28 / August / 2016, 12:39:21 »
I've noticed that after I run MD, pressing the power or play button crashes (freezes for a few seconds and shuts down) with the lens out. This happens using test mode (without shooting) in MDFB2013.lua and md_tune.bas.

Tried MD_tune.bas on my SX60, grid 5x3, no shooting....it happily triggers, and when I press SHOOT to stop it stops.   Play button short press, takes it out of ALT, long press, all the way to PLAY mode. Power button shuts it off normally. No crash. So as Ant says it might be a bug  to do with your screen dimensions being different and drawing the grid.
Oh, and my test used Ant's modified motion_detector.c.

I'm happy to quickly turn around a  test of your (@reyalp) motion_detector.c on the sx60 if you post it here before committing it.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #52 on: 28 / August / 2016, 18:04:48 »
So as Ant says it might be a bug  to do with your screen dimensions being different and drawing the grid.
I don't think so. I had a modification similar to Ants (attached, uses viewport dimensions rather than bitmap), crash happens with it or your original code. I don't think the mis-matched width would cause memory corruption anyway, the grid was correctly sized for the UI.

Turning off IS appears to avoid the crash. Both "continuous" and "shoot only" IS modes crash.

edit:
I did not have the doubled horizontal grid that Ant had, only the unused buffer on the right.
« Last Edit: 28 / August / 2016, 20:53:28 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #53 on: 28 / August / 2016, 21:23:42 »
I checked the code above. That doesn't mean it's final, just something to work from.

I'm not clear how the IS crash relates to this, it doesn't seem to happen all the time.

« Reply #54 on: 28 / August / 2016, 21:49:15 »
I downloaded your version of motion_detector, recompiled, and tested no problems on SX60..sorry for the delay of a few hours.
Turning off IS appears to avoid the crash. Both "continuous" and "shoot only" IS modes crash.
forgive my slowness but what is IS mode?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #55 on: 28 / August / 2016, 22:20:22 »
forgive my slowness but what is IS mode?
Image stabilization, in the canon shooting menu.

edit:
and thanks for testing :D
« Last Edit: 28 / August / 2016, 22:30:35 by reyalp »

« Reply #56 on: 28 / August / 2016, 22:36:22 »
My camera is/was in IS mode continuous. Retested both in Tv and auto to make sure: no problems

Offline Ant

« Reply #57 on: 29 / August / 2016, 04:35:00 »
Tested with IS lens - no problems. May be you need to check your AF Led...

« Reply #58 on: 29 / August / 2016, 12:03:02 »
edit:
I did not have the doubled horizontal grid that Ant had, only the unused buffer on the right.
I looked more closely at my SX60 LCD (yes with my glasses on), and I see a doubled grid in both directions...in fact not a grid, but each motion detection area outlined by a rectangle that does not touch the other rectangles.
« Last Edit: 29 / August / 2016, 12:34:15 by 62ndidiot »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #59 on: 29 / August / 2016, 12:48:59 »
Tested with IS lens - no problems. May be you need to check your AF Led...
The issue happened using MDFB2013.lua, which does not use the AF led like md_tune does.

edit:
I looked more closely at my SX60 LCD (yes with my glasses on), and I see a doubled grid in both directions...in fact not a grid, but each motion detection area outlined by a rectangle that does not touch the other rectangles.
AFAIK it's supposed to be this way, it's the same on older cams. I thought the earlier comment was referring to the grid having more rows than expected, but maybe it was all a misunderstanding.