CHDKPTP two consoles - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

CHDKPTP two consoles

• 7 Replies

Offline cdg

CHDKPTP two consoles
« on: 11 / August / 2016, 08:05:54 »
Advertisements
Hi everyone:
    There is something really confused me for a long time with CHDKPTP,why this software needs two consoles ,one is the black one with "starting gui...",one that in the client named "Console".why can't just use one consoles to show all the message? i am just curious about this.......

Offline reyalp

Re: CHDKPTP two consoles
« Reply #1 on: 11 / August / 2016, 13:27:12 »
Hi everyone:
    There is something really confused me for a long time with CHDKPTP,why this software needs two consoles ,one is the black one with "starting gui...",one that in the client named "Console".why can't just use one consoles to show all the message? i am just curious about this.......
Because I'm lazy, mostly.

The GUI is optional, the same chdkptp executable can run as a purely command line app by starting -i (or other command line options)
On windows the easiest way to accomplish this is by building it as a console app, which means the command prompt style console appears by default.
Additionally, because the GUI is optional, it's started quite late in the program. After startup, all the output should appear in the GUI console area, but there are a few things that can produce output before the GUI started.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline cdg

« Reply #2 on: 19 / August / 2016, 02:08:37 »
Hi everyone:

The GUI is optional, the same chdkptp executable can run as a purely command line app by starting -i (or other command line options)
On windows the easiest way to accomplish this is by building it as a console app, which means the command prompt style console appears by default.
Additionally, because the GUI is optional, it's started quite late in the program. After startup, all the output should appear in the GUI console area, but there are a few things that can produce output before the GUI started.
:lol :lol ,so it's easy to let the command prompt style console disappear??
 :lol :lol :lol could you tell me how to make it disappear,i don't like this console very much?

Offline cdg

« Reply #3 on: 19 / August / 2016, 02:11:26 »
Hi everyone:

Do i need the source code ?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #4 on: 19 / August / 2016, 16:38:36 »
so it's easy to let the command prompt style console disappear??
I don't know. The console doesn't bother me so I haven't spent any effort trying to remove it.
I'd certainly recommend that over hexing the binary. It's possible that just rebuilding it as a gui app is enough, but you still need the source for that.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #5 on: 19 / August / 2016, 17:48:39 »
Under Windows you can use a simple vbs hack to hide the cmd console. Make a cmd file for the chdkptp GUI start, e.g. gui.cmd
Code: [Select]
chdkptp And than make a vbs file with the following code:
createobject("WScript.Shell").run "gui.cmd", falseRun this script for starting the GUI.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline cdg

« Reply #6 on: 21 / August / 2016, 21:02:02 »
Under Windows you can use a simple vbs hack to hide the cmd console. Make a cmd file for the chdkptp GUI start, e.g. gui.cmd
chdkptp And than make a vbs file with the following code:
createobject("WScript.Shell").run "gui.cmd", falseRun this script for starting the GUI.

msl

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol [size=78%]it's working thank you very much!!!!!!![/size]

Offline cdg

« Reply #7 on: 21 / August / 2016, 21:03:22 »
so it's easy to let the command prompt style console disappear??
I don't know. The console doesn't bother me so I haven't spent any effort trying to remove it.
I'd certainly recommend that over hexing the binary. It's possible that just rebuilding it as a gui app is enough, but you still need the source for that.
i tried with msl's way ,it's working. thank you anyway  :lol :lol :lol :lol [size=78%]!!!![/size]