SX410 IS porting thread

• 86 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: SX410 IS porting thread
« Reply #30 on: 11 / October / 2016, 00:49:04 »
Advertisements
Correction for 'Zebra'.
With the old DEF for "recreview_hold", with zebra was shown and some garbage in the lower and upper part of the display.
The same problem is likely also present on sx400is.
Thanks, checked in as trunk 4703.

Just to be clear, I don't think recreview_hold can affect the correctness of the zebra display, only when it is shown or not. I would expect the viewport/bitmap changes were what affected the zebra?

Also, the patch changed camera_jpeg_count_str to use the address directly rather than using the one defined with the same address in stubs_entry.S. I changed this back. In general, the top level lib.c should not refer to canon variable addresses directly, because they might vary between firmware versions. Hardware addresses (like raw and viewport) should be fine since as far as we know they are the same for every firmware version of a given model.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Online blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #31 on: 11 / October / 2016, 05:09:00 »
Thanks.
Just to be clear, I don't think recreview_hold can affect the correctness of the zebra display, only when it is shown or not. I would expect the viewport/bitmap changes were what affected the zebra?
If I turn on the camera with the pictures on the SD card, with the old 'recreview_hold', with zebra indicator is shown and some garbage. If the camera is on without pictures on the SD card garbage is not shown, to the first image.
Also if I delete most recently taken picture, with the next half-press, zebra is shown without garbage.
This is why I doubted on the problem with 'recreview_hold'
With the new 'recreview_hold' garbage was never shown.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #32 on: 11 / October / 2016, 13:10:55 »
Thanks.
If I turn on the camera with the pictures on the SD card, with the old 'recreview_hold', with zebra indicator is shown and some garbage. If the camera is on without pictures on the SD card garbage is not shown, to the first image.
Also if I delete most recently taken picture, with the next half-press, zebra is shown without garbage.
This is why I doubted on the problem with 'recreview_hold'
With the new 'recreview_hold' garbage was never shown.
The recreview_hold variable should only be one when the camera in post-shoot review, controlled by the "Review" setting in the Canon menu. It should not be 1 in playback mode.

The "Show OSD in review" CHDK setting should control whether the CHDK OSD is shown in this review.

An incorrect address for recreview_hold could cause the zebra to be shown when it wouldn't otherwise be (e.g. if it were 1 in playback, perhaps) and might cause a corrupt zebra to show if there were other problems, but really shouldn't be able to have any other effect on the content of the zebra.

If you want to check that recreview_hold behaves correctly, you can display it in the DEBUG_PRINT_TO_LCD ifdef section in core/main.c. This will draw regardless of whether the normal OSD would be shown.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #33 on: 25 / February / 2017, 09:32:42 »
@blackhole
If you still have the camera and have time, can you test the patch below? I think it's correct, but I'd like to hear confirmation.
Since startup files are affected, please test that the sx410 build still boots correctly, and also that an ixus160 binary built from the same source blinks an LED rather than silently crashing.

Online blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #34 on: 25 / February / 2017, 10:56:53 »
@blackhole
If you still have the camera and have time, can you test the patch below? I think it's correct, but I'd like to hear confirmation.
Since startup files are affected, please test that the sx410 build still boots correctly, and also that an ixus160 binary built from the same source blinks an LED rather than silently crashing.
I can confirm,boot is correct,all looks OK.
Thank you to do this.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #35 on: 25 / February / 2017, 14:03:44 »
I can confirm,boot is correct,all looks OK.
Thanks for testing. Committed in changeset 4758, along with the other fixes affecting sx400 and ixus145.

« Reply #36 on: 11 / March / 2017, 06:58:31 »
Hello!

I'm using SX410IS. My firmware version 1.00B.

Please create CHDK for 1.00B version

Or how do i update 1.00C?

Thanks

Offline nafraf

« Reply #37 on: 11 / March / 2017, 08:35:24 »
100b seems to be compatible with 100c.

In attachment, a test version for 100b and the patch to include in source code.
Please test and report.

« Reply #38 on: 11 / March / 2017, 10:17:25 »
Thanks.

But not working

Online blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #39 on: 11 / March / 2017, 10:28:40 »
Thanks.

But not working
What happens, can you clarify?

EDIT:In a post from nafraf missing some files, try this.
« Last Edit: 11 / March / 2017, 10:38:20 by blackhole »