CANON SX 60 HS - page 2 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

CANON SX 60 HS

• 17 Replies
Re: CANON SX 60 HS
« Reply #10 on: 09 / April / 2016, 04:25:11 »
Advertisements

You might want to follow what is happening in this thread :  SX60HS Porting

Edit: if you still have questions after reading the thread I posted, please feel free to ask them here.  We are very newbie friendly.
[/quote]

Hi! First of all thanks for answering so quickly. I must admit I am very lost inside all this technical coding talk. I've had a long look through the forum you mentioned and I'm sorry if a seem very newbie (  :-X ).. but what I can gather the porting is like a work in progress towards the final CHDK kit for a certain camera no?

If i could in any way I would love to help out in the progress, as I would like everyone to have the sameopportunities with their cameras. As I siad I have no idea about coding or anything, but I am very willing to learn!

Thanks again, and keep up the good work in this amazing community!
Melvin!

« Reply #11 on: 09 / April / 2016, 11:03:25 »
but what I can gather the porting is like a work in progress towards the final CHDK kit for a certain camera no?
Correct.  CHDK needs to be created (ported) specially for every camera model. And until someone with the necessary skills and time chooses to do so, nothing happens.  But generally speaking, once the porting process gets started, it tends to also get finished.  So at this point you basically just have to wait.

If i could in any way I would love to help out in the progress, as I would like everyone to have the same opportunities with their cameras. As I said I have no idea about coding or anything, but I am very willing to learn!
Keep an eye on that forum thread.  At some point there will be an early release available that needs user testing. This tends to be a difficult part of the process as new users don't really know what to expect from CHDK and that's who most of the camera owners for a new port tend to be.   But every little bit helps at that point.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #12 on: 11 / April / 2016, 14:50:02 »
but what I can gather the porting is like a work in progress towards the final CHDK kit for a certain camera no?
Correct.  CHDK needs to be created (ported) specially for every camera model. And until someone with the necessary skills and time chooses to do so, nothing happens.  But generally speaking, once the porting process gets started, it tends to also get finished.  So at this point you basically just have to wait.

If i could in any way I would love to help out in the progress, as I would like everyone to have the same opportunities with their cameras. As I said I have no idea about coding or anything, but I am very willing to learn!
Keep an eye on that forum thread.  At some point there will be an early release available that needs user testing. This tends to be a difficult part of the process as new users don't really know what to expect from CHDK and that's who most of the camera owners for a new port tend to be.   But every little bit helps at that point.

GREAT! Thanks again for all the help, and for answering so quickly. I'll be keeping an eye on the threads for when the help is needed with the early acces.

Keep up the good work on this amazing community project.
Much love, Melvin.

« Reply #13 on: 21 / November / 2017, 14:17:13 »
Hi. I want to join the people of the forum who have a SX60 HS canon and are looking forward to seeing those advances!   ::)

As a user of alternative firmwares (like Magic Lantern), I have dared to try the alpha version that exists for our camera, with all its limitations and risks, in order to be useful for the community.

I miss those very useful modules like Intervalometer or long exposure, but I'm sure are among the priority in this development.

Javi

« Reply #14 on: 21 / November / 2017, 16:25:10 »
I miss those very useful modules like Intervalometer or long exposure, but I'm sure are among the priority in this development.
I'm not sure what you were expecting but the SX60 port is essentially complete.

See
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12532.0

« Reply #15 on: 07 / August / 2018, 11:07:35 »
Hi!
My Canon PowerShot SX60
Canon Image Type                : IMG:PowerShot SX60 HS JPEG
Canon Firmware Version          : Firmware Version 1.00
Canon Model ID                  : Unknown (0x3750000)
Firmware Revision               : 1.00 rev 8.00

Please tell me what firmware should I download?
« Last Edit: 07 / August / 2018, 11:15:28 by AVGN »

« Reply #16 on: 07 / August / 2018, 11:50:37 »
Quote from: AVGN link=topic=11963.msg137854#msg137854
Please tell me what firmware should I download?
Please report your camera's firmware version in the format output by this utility :

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/ACID

« Reply #17 on: 07 / August / 2018, 12:41:10 »
Please report your camera's firmware version in the format output by this utility :

Thank you! Your tip helped me!
Good luck to you!