Is there a easy way to find out failed cameras ? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Is there a easy way to find out failed cameras ?

• 2 Replies

Offline cdg

Is there a easy way to find out failed cameras ?
« on: 08 / May / 2017, 07:01:43 »
Advertisements
Hello:
      I have some cameras,sometime one or two of them failed like lose connection or “WARNING:000: send **** cmd failed : I/O error”,then i can't control all of them,i need to find out which one is the problem by test all of them one by one,or shut down all of the cameras and turn on again.
     So is there a easy way to find out failed cameras ? or just [/size]ignore the failed cameras and control the rest then i could find out which one is the problem.[/color]

Offline srsa_4c

Re: Is there a easy way to find out failed cameras ?
« Reply #1 on: 09 / May / 2017, 13:40:56 »
So is there a easy way to find out failed cameras ?
I'm only answering because no-one else did. There was a similar discussion in the multi-camera thread. I came up with this addition to multicam.lua. The lines can be copy&pasted right above the following in multicam.lua:
Code: [Select]
--[[
return an iterator over selected cams
]]
I have no idea whether it is helpful or not. You can also read the preceding and followup posts in that thread.

Offline cdg

Re: Is there a easy way to find out failed cameras ?
« Reply #2 on: 10 / May / 2017, 19:37:47 »
So is there a easy way to find out failed cameras ?
I'm only answering because no-one else did. There was a similar discussion in the multi-camera thread. I came up with this addition to multicam.lua. The lines can be copy&pasted right above the following in multicam.lua:
Code: [Select]
--[[
return an iterator over selected cams
]]
I have no idea whether it is helpful or not. You can also read the preceding and followup posts in that thread.
Thank you very much !
I am going to try it !!!