PowerShot SX220 HS - Porting Thread - page 57 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

PowerShot SX220 HS - Porting Thread

• 563 Replies
Re: PowerShot SX220 HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #560 on: 07 / November / 2014, 10:01:35 »
Advertisements
Another similar crash happens when you try to use the manual focus during video recording and apply fast_zoom. The reason why this is happening is because the fast_zoom key isn't diasabled in alt mode. All ports until this one had physw_status up to physw_status[2], this camera look like has up to physw_status[5] and the value in physw_status[3] changes when using fast_zoom. I tried to fix that without success for now.

has the issue with the fast_zoom been solved? Would be nice to have two speeds for zooming

Anyone with experience connecting the sx220 to an RCA monitor while shooting video? The manual suggests this should be possible with both video and stills recording.

and #define CAM_AF_SCAN_DURING_VIDEO_RECORD.
I removed that because the camera crashes when zooming after calling _MakeAfScan. I found that _DoAflock acts in a similar way but also crashes when I set the camera to manual focus and try to zoom. To avoid trouble I just removed it. Maybe we can find a solution for this later.

so modes available for shooting are either or of
a)continuous AF+optical zoom (stock behaviour)
b)manual focus(after getting into MF mode)+optical zoom by recompiling with CAM_USE_ZOOM_FOR_MF option set to 1
It appears as though the focus lock (by entering MF mode?) -> afscan -> optical zoom -> afscan work flow is crashing the camera. right?

Thanks

« Reply #561 on: 10 / October / 2015, 17:03:53 »
Hi, I was using the lens profile on my camera and I wanted to use the color profile too. But since they're made for the SX230 I can't use the color profile on photoshop's camera raw :(

I don't know how can I modify that dcp profile to use it for the SX220 or if I could make camera raw use a profile for the other camera...

Those profiles were posted on the SX230 porting thread on this forum and here

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3257839

or here

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Calibrating_colors_for_DNG_processing

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #562 on: 12 / October / 2015, 05:31:00 »
I don't know how can I modify that dcp profile to use it for the SX220 or if I could make camera raw use a profile for the other camera...
Those profiles were posted on the SX230 porting thread on this forum and here
/wiki/Calibrating_colors_for_DNG_processing[/url]
Try this link. There is a collection of profiles: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=9268.msg95545#msg95545

You can also edit the sx230 profile. Use a hex editor. Change all sx230 entries with sx220.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline SX720

« Reply #563 on: 03 / July / 2021, 11:59:10 »
Would someone with an SX220 HS be able to perform a very simple test?

Basically all you need to do is switch the mode dial to P, press the "FUNC SET" button, switch the camera to continuous mode, enable RAW mode and then hold down the shutter button for a little while and then tell us if it worked or not.

The reason for this is because the SX230 HS port has a long standing issue where this doesn't work. I found out that the code is different for the SX220 HS so there is a chance (not a guarantee) that the we can pull from the SX220 HS code to fix the SX230 HS code.