script to set zoom ,focus, iso on a3300 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

script to set zoom ,focus, iso on a3300

• 28 Replies
script to set zoom ,focus, iso on a3300
« on: 17 / May / 2017, 18:09:05 »
Advertisements
hi i am using a diybookscanner that i made and  using pi scan 2 canon a3300.
but due to lack of speed that i want i made a usb remote control that i use with a usb hub.

the usb remote seems to work fine.

is there any script that autostart when i power the cameras and set zoom at f4.5 . iso 100 and focus in the distance that i want .

Re: script to set zoom ,focus, iso on a3300
« Reply #1 on: 17 / May / 2017, 19:11:00 »
is there any script that autostart when i power the cameras and set zoom at f4.5 . iso 100 and focus in the distance that i want .
A script to do what you want is quite easy to write.  But before I can do that for you, I have a few questions.

• f4.5 is a setting for the camera's aperture (i.e. an f-stop) - not zoom position.  I think you are asking for "zoom position"?  If so, see question 2 below.  For reference, the A3300 has a fixed aperture - you cannot change it.  Note that the exact value of the aperture changes with zoom position.
  • Zoom position with CHDK is set in "steps".  There are a fixed number of discrete steps (or positions) the zoom lens on a Canon Powershot camera will move to. Your A3300 has 12 steps.  We can set the script up to let you select which of the twelve is to be used as the zoom position at startup with a "user defined" parameter.
  • Setting ISO to any setting is possible - we can make that a "user defined" parameter
  • Focus distance can be set with CHDK.  However, the less expensive Canon Powershot cameras are not calibrated very well so you might have to adjust the distance setpoint through "trial & error" to get the best setting.  Fortunately, on a book scanner, once you have found the best setting, you should not have to change it again.
  • Do you want to manually set the shutter speed or let the camera pick the best one?

You also probably need to read this part of the CHDK manual :  Script Autostart
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 17 / May / 2017, 20:00:38 »
Script attached.  Does this work for you?

« Reply #3 on: 17 / May / 2017, 20:06:36 »
Script attached.  Does this work for you?

i will try it on . do i need to open that in a notepad and change any values and after that copy that on chdk script file?

« Reply #4 on: 17 / May / 2017, 20:16:50 »
do i need to open that in a notepad and change any values and after that copy that on chdk script file?
No.

You will be able to change values (ISO, focus, zoom) using the User Parameter settings available in the CHDK Script menu.

« Last Edit: 17 / May / 2017, 20:19:40 by waterwingz »

« Reply #5 on: 17 / May / 2017, 22:14:45 »
did it but doesnt work.lua 19 expected near sleep terminated

« Reply #6 on: 17 / May / 2017, 22:21:53 »
Hmmm .. the script works - I've tested on two of my different cameras - including an A1200.

That error message says that it crashed on your camera on the first executable line. That's strange but the first thing we check when this happens is file format.  Did you download the file I posted and install it - or did you open / edit it first, for example?

Please post a screen shot (use your mobile phone) of the camera LCD when you run the script and it crashes.  A video from your mobile phone would be even better.

This is normally a very simple script to use.
« Last Edit: 17 / May / 2017, 22:24:19 by waterwingz »

« Reply #7 on: 17 / May / 2017, 23:06:46 »
Hmmm .. the script works - I've tested on two of my different cameras - including an A1200.

That error message says that it crashed on your camera on the first executable line. That's strange but the first thing we check when this happens is file format.  Did you download the file I posted and install it - or did you open / edit it first, for example?

Please post a screen shot (use your mobile phone) of the camera LCD when you run the script and it crashes.  A video from your mobile phone would be even better.

This is normally a very simple script to use.

o you are right .i just copy paste that. it zoomed and captured but cant find the photos.can i have script for only iso and zoom (it will autofocus right?) .and a script only with zoom i will play with the lights.

with what program do you write script?

« Reply #8 on: 17 / May / 2017, 23:22:23 »
« Last Edit: 17 / May / 2017, 23:24:23 by Konos Kosmas »

« Reply #9 on: 17 / May / 2017, 23:22:46 »
It zoomed and captured but cant find the photos.
The script will not capture anything.  It zooms, set the ISO setting, and sets the focus.  Just like you asked for.   Photos will only happen when you fully press the shutter button or use you USB remote to take photos.

can i have script for only iso and zoom (it will autofocus right?) .and a script only with zoom i will play with the lights. with what program do you write script?
The script is very simple - I expect that you can delete / remove the lines that focus, set zoom, or set ISO on your own.

You can use any simple ASCII text editor - on Windows use notepad.exe , for Linux use emacs, vim, joe, pico, jed.  TextEdit is recommended for Mac OSX.

Nice.  But I really need to see the screen after you press the shutter button to launch the script. Oh,  and don't forget to charge your battery  :haha
« Last Edit: 17 / May / 2017, 23:27:25 by waterwingz »