Module localization - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Module localization

• 10 Replies
Module localization
« on: 31 / May / 2017, 14:31:20 »
Advertisements
I tried to use the latest CHDK strings for displaying a localized list of modules (see screenshots for English and Russian).

I noticed the following don't have localizable titles (but I believe should):
  • cpuinfo.flt
  • snake.flt
  • sudoku.flt
The following have no user-visible titles (but would be nice to have localized):
  • lua.flt
  • mdetect.flt
  • mpopup.flt
  • ubasic.flt
I assumed modules starting with _ to be system modules.
« Last Edit: 31 / May / 2017, 14:34:45 by dmitrys »
Author of CHIMP, Canon Hack Installation and Management Platform

Re: Module localization
« Reply #1 on: 05 / June / 2017, 12:17:21 »
Attached is an archive containing patches for the relevant modules + english.lng + russian.lng.
« Last Edit: 05 / June / 2017, 16:16:15 by dmitrys »

« Reply #2 on: 06 / June / 2017, 18:28:34 »
Any chances of this getting accepted?

« Reply #3 on: 06 / June / 2017, 20:16:26 »
There are not a lot of formal processes on this forum but typically patches posted in form threads are there for people to comment on and hopefully test.   

If you want something added to the svn / autobuild then post it here : Adding new cameras, applying patches into trunk (with source code prepared)

For simple patches, this can happen right away.  For more complicated or possibly controversial stuff, it's more usual to go through the "posted for comment" route.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #4 on: 06 / June / 2017, 23:30:36 »
If you want something added to the svn / autobuild then post it here : Adding new cameras, applying patches into trunk (with source code prepared)
FWIW, if patches have a discussion thread associated with them like this, it makes sense to keep it in the same thread, no need to post it in the sticky thread.

If I ignore a patch, it's usually because I read the thread but didn't have time to deal with the patch, and then forgot about it because the thread was marked read...  :-[ so a bump or pm to remind me is appreciated.
« Last Edit: 06 / June / 2017, 23:34:37 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #5 on: 07 / June / 2017, 00:10:40 »
FWIW, if patches have a discussion thread associated with them like this, it makes sense to keep it in the same thread, no need to post it in the sticky thread.

If I ignore a patch, it's usually because I read the thread but didn't have time to deal with the patch, and then forgot about it because the thread was marked read...  :-[ so a bump or pm to remind me is appreciated.
With all due respect, from a little experience here, people mostly need to specifically requests an autobuild add,  or posts it on the link I mentioned.  I'm not complaining .. just not expecting you to be a mind reader.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #6 on: 07 / June / 2017, 00:21:16 »
The patch doesn't apply cleanly. I think it's just missing the a/ and b/ on the last file, but that gives me concern about whether the rest is as intended. I prefer patches made with tortoise or svn diff where possible.

Otherwise it seems OK to me, although I admit haven't looked at module localization much.

« Reply #7 on: 07 / June / 2017, 07:59:19 »
I'm sorry about all the mess. GitHub PRs are so much easier  ;)

Should be fixed now. I took the opportunity to add the English strings to german.lng so that CHDK_DE doesn't get blank lines.

P.S. Shouldn't mpopup.flt be a system module like _mbox.flt?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #8 on: 07 / June / 2017, 16:24:12 »
P.S. Shouldn't mpopup.flt be a system module like _mbox.flt?
Honestly, I don't recall the specific rational for the _ prefix, and didn't find it in quick skim of the original development thread.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #9 on: 10 / June / 2017, 16:21:35 »
Should be fixed now.
Thanks, added in trunk 4822

I took the opportunity to add the English strings to german.lng so that CHDK_DE doesn't get blank lines.
This is handled automatically for the built in language at build time. I verified that using the unpatched german.lng, lang_str.h has english in 639-667, so I have not included this change.

I'm sorry about all the mess. GitHub PRs are so much easier  ;)
As I said before, patches from svn diff or tortoise are preferred. It doesn't get much simpler than right click, create patch.

For some reason, the entire change in german.lng in your last patch was rejected, but after spending some time trying to figure out why I realized it wasn't needed.