SX50HS making video issue - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX50HS making video issue

• 2 Replies
SX50HS making video issue
« on: 02 / June / 2017, 04:52:04 »
Advertisements
Hello there, i am completely newbee in scriptwriting and i hope if someone could help me.

I have SX50HS and i use chdkptp to connect and control camera. I need to make a remote video. In other words i just need to press video button and release it in some time.
It works fine in gui mode of chdkptp, but i would like to automatically launch a video in a cli mode. i have been trying it about a week already.

I tried to wrote a script which press("video") and then release it, but in cli mode when i turn camera to rec mode and then tryng to execute a script (.loadfile("A:/CHDK/Scripts/Extention/video.lua")() or exec(video.lua())) cli writes "I/O error" and camera shutdown.

Now i am lack of new ideas how to fix this problem.
Hoping you will help me.
Thanks a lot anyway!

PS i also tried video50.lua script from topic: https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12898.0.
The result is still the same, camera is turning off and cli reports about error. Maybe i am just doing wrong with cli command to execute a script, but a have tried it many times in different syntax according to the manual.
« Last Edit: 02 / June / 2017, 05:13:16 by andnov92 »

Online reyalp

Re: SX50HS making video issue
« Reply #1 on: 02 / June / 2017, 13:34:57 »
Hello there, i am completely newbee in scriptwriting and i hope if someone could help me.
I tried to wrote a script which press("video") and then release it, but in cli mode when i turn camera to rec mode and then tryng to execute a script (.loadfile("A:/CHDK/Scripts/Extention/video.lua")() or exec(video.lua())) cli writes "I/O error" and camera shutdown.
The shutdown and I/O error means the camera crashed. A romlog might help understand what caused the crash: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Debugging#Camera_crash_logs_.28romlog.29

The camera does not use a ":" in the path after the drive letter, so the command should be
Code: [Select]
.loadfile("A/CHDK/Scripts/Extention/video.lua")()
I don't know if this is the cause of your problems, but in some cases a bad path might cause a crash.

If the path issue wasn't the problem, I'd suggest trying a process of elimination. Start with a very simple script, like print 'hello world', and if that doesn't crash, start adding the other parts.

FWIW, in chdkptp you can also run a camera side script that's stored on your PC using
Code: [Select]
.<myfile.lua
This runs the file as if you had just typed all the code after the . command.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: SX50HS making video issue
« Reply #2 on: 13 / June / 2017, 14:12:35 »
Thanks a lot, master! Correction in the script's path has helped.