Multicam Rig for Events - Step By Step Help Please!! - page 8 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Multicam Rig for Events - Step By Step Help Please!!

• 89 Replies
Re: Multicam Rig for Events - Step By Step Help Please!!
« Reply #70 on: 29 / January / 2018, 10:32:31 »
Advertisements
Question: Will This work on a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit system? Thank you.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #71 on: 29 / January / 2018, 13:25:17 »
Question: Will This work on a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit system? Thank you.
chdkptp runs on windows 10 64 bit, and doesn't care about the edition. The multicam.lua script runs anywhere chdkptp does.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #72 on: 29 / January / 2018, 13:27:21 »
Fantastic, thank you! :-)

« Reply #73 on: 02 / March / 2018, 12:20:45 »
Is there a command I can use to erase all images on all the cards in a multiple camera array? I've been googling a lot and cant seem to find it in any form that I can understand... :-(

Offline reyalp

« Reply #74 on: 02 / March / 2018, 13:53:12 »
Is there a command I can use to erase all images on all the cards in a multiple camera array? I've been googling a lot and cant seem to find it in any form that I can understand... :-(
Use mc:imglist and mc:delete_files_list
See https://app.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/subversion/source/831/trunk/lua/multicam.lua#ln1104

« Reply #75 on: 02 / March / 2018, 14:42:34 »
so, to review for my noob brain, I run multicam and type exactly:

mc:imglist

Press Enter. Then type:

mc:delete_files_list

Press Enter. And then it's done?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #76 on: 02 / March / 2018, 17:42:39 »
mc:imglist

Press Enter. Then type:

mc:delete_files_list

Press Enter. And then it's done?
mc:imglist returns a list of files mc:delete_files_list deletes files listed in the same format.  So you'd want  something like
Code: [Select]
!mc:delete_files_list(mc:imglist())

The link was supposed to go to an example on line 1104, but apparently linking to specific line numbers no longer works on assembla >:(

« Reply #77 on: 19 / April / 2018, 14:08:04 »
Hi Guys

Is there a way I can set all 14 cameras in my multicam setup to download their files to one single central folder? They currently download into a CHDK folder, and create sub folders within subfolders. Having them all download to one single folder would make this setup MUCH easier. Looking forward to hearing your wisdom! Thank you :-)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #78 on: 19 / April / 2018, 15:08:26 »
Is there a way I can set all 14 cameras in my multicam setup to download their files to one single central folder?
Yes, but you need to ensure they end up with unique names. Two cameras could easily have files named IMG_0001.JPG. If you take many images between downloads, this could also happen on a single camera.

The download_images function accepts "substitution patterns" similar to the ones used by the imdl command in chdkptp. Use help imdl for information on that.

Download images adds a substition ${id} which is the number of the the camera.

The default download path (dst option to download images, see multicam.lua are around function mc:download_images) is
${id}/${subdir}/${name}
Which means a directory for the camera ID (e.g. 01,02 etc) the DCIM subdirectory from the camera (like 100CANON or 100___01 etc) followed by the image name (like IMG_0001.JPG)

If you just wanted to turn these into filenames without sudirectories, you could just swap the / to something else, like:
mc:download_images({dst='${id}_${subdir}_${name}'})
Then your files would be named like
01_100_01_IMG0001.JPG

edit:
If you want to download to somewhere other than the chdkptp directory, just put that at the start of the dst string, like
mc:download_images({dst='c:/pictures/${id}_${subdir}_${name}'})
You should use / instead of \ for directory names.
« Last Edit: 19 / April / 2018, 15:10:36 by reyalp »

« Reply #79 on: 19 / April / 2018, 16:37:12 »
Thank you Reyalp. I've set each camera to be 300 digits apart from each other (Camera 1 = 0001, camera 2 = 0301, Camera 3 = 0601, etc). So as long as I dont take more than 300 images in one session and empty the download folder between sessions, this shouldn't be a problem.

Your option to just use the image names without subdirectories, paired with the ability to put them in a specific folder other than the chdkptp directory, would be the perfect solution.

Please forgive my noob brain, but do I just take the codes you've written, and enter them into CHDKPTP command line prompts? And if so, do I need to do it every time I start the program or just once? Thank you.