USB port is a remote in CHDK, how to connect SD Card to PC? - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

USB port is a remote in CHDK, how to connect SD Card to PC?

• 4 Replies
USB port is a remote in CHDK, how to connect SD Card to PC?
« on: 28 / August / 2017, 20:13:23 »
Advertisements
In CHDK I understand the USB port is no longer the connection to PC. How do I access the SD Card other than taking card out of camera and putting it in card reader? Thanks.

Re: USB port is a remote in CHDK, how to connect SD Card to PC?
« Reply #1 on: 28 / August / 2017, 21:38:16 »
In CHDK I understand the USB port is no longer the connection to PC. How do I access the SD Card other than taking card out of camera and putting it in card reader? Thanks.
Why do you believe that the USB port is no longer the connection to the PC?  That's simply not true. If you want to use the camera's USB port to communicate with the PC, you need to have the CHDK USB remote disabled.  Go to the CHDK Settings menu,  select Remote Parameters,  and set the Enable Remote [ * ] menu entry to disabled.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 06 / September / 2017, 08:37:54 »
Why do you believe that the USB port is no longer the connection to the PC?  That's simply not true. If you want to use the camera's USB port to communicate with the PC, you need to have the CHDK USB remote disabled.  Go to the CHDK Settings menu,  select Remote Parameters,  and set the Enable Remote [ * ] menu entry to disabled.

Is it possible to control the camera from the PC? I'm looking for an easy way to press the space bar or some other key and have the camera take a picture.  Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: 06 / September / 2017, 09:21:06 »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #4 on: 06 / September / 2017, 09:35:06 »
Thanks a lot!