SX530HS Blue Raw image - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX530HS Blue Raw image

• 3 Replies
SX530HS Blue Raw image
« on: 27 / October / 2017, 13:41:51 »
Advertisements
I just intalled the 100c version for my SX530. I got it all working but it seems the raw images are completely blued out and you can see the radius of the lens around them. Is this normal?

Offline reyalp

Re: SX530HS Blue Raw image
« Reply #1 on: 27 / October / 2017, 13:46:51 »
I just intalled the 100c version for my SX530. I got it all working but it seems the raw images are completely blued out and you can see the radius of the lens around them. Is this normal?
The lens vignetting and distortion is normal, that's what the camera actually sees. The camera corrects this in software for the jpeg, and you can do the same with appropriate settings or lens profile in a raw conversion program.

The color may or may not be a bug.

Are you using DNG or CHDK raw?

What software are you using to view it?

Can you upload the actual raw image somewhere (too large for forum attachmetns, use google drive, dropbox etc)?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #2 on: 27 / October / 2017, 14:19:36 »
Your software uses incorrect white balance settings. Click on the "AutoWB" button, or manually click on a part of the image that is white in color. The feature for this is usually displayed as a dropper with the letters WB.
You can find the lens profile here:
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12418.msg128798#msg128798

« Reply #3 on: 27 / October / 2017, 15:52:11 »
The lens profile suggested fixed the vignetting. The suggestion of setting the WB worked to turn the raw image into a normal color profile in lightroom. I'm getting there!

My next step is to start researching if I can set the WB in CHDK software. What's the advantage to using one raw format over the other. Right now it is generating DNG RAW. Thanks for the help y'all.