CHDK is not coming on Canon Elph 100a though successfully loaded in "stick" prog - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK is not coming on Canon Elph 100a though successfully loaded in "stick" prog

• 6 Replies
Advertisements
I've loaded CHDK in an older version of Elph a few years ago and I loved it especially for shooting in RAW. I've loaded and reloaded, Stick chose the same file as I would have, the default, and it moves easily through loading and ejecting and I lock it but nothing happens, there is no logo there is no screen change

I've tried a few times and taken the SD card in and out, but nothing and I know what to look for.

:(

My SD card is 4 gb

I did this and it worked (after loading it in Stick):

Start your camera directly into Play Mode by pressing the Play button or Play switch. Do not start the camera with the On/Off button - the firmware update method will not work if you do.
Press the Canon Menu key and scroll around until you find a menu item that says "Firm Update...". There are usually three or four tabs in the Menu (varies by camera). You can probably stay on the first tab (typically Playback Settings) but some experimentation might be necessary.
Select "Firm Update..." and press FUNC.SET button.SplashScreen
It should say "Update firmware version?" Press OK. If everything went correctly, the CHDK splash screen will appear briefly on the Camera's screen.
Go back to the camera mode and you should see some new OSD (on screen display) elements.
Activate the CHDK menus with the <ALT> key or key sequence defined for your camera.

very happy to have CHDK again and raw capacity, only wish I had exposure control.

I did this and it worked (after loading it in Stick):

Start your camera directly into Play Mode by pressing the Play button or Play switch. Do not start the camera with the On/Off button - the firmware update method will not work if you do.
Press the Canon Menu key and scroll around until you find a menu item that says "Firm Update...". There are usually three or four tabs in the Menu (varies by camera). You can probably stay on the first tab (typically Playback Settings) but some experimentation might be necessary.
Select "Firm Update..." and press FUNC.SET button.SplashScreen
It should say "Update firmware version?" Press OK. If everything went correctly, the CHDK splash screen will appear briefly on the Camera's screen.
Go back to the camera mode and you should see some new OSD (on screen display) elements.
Activate the CHDK menus with the <ALT> key or key sequence defined for your camera.
So all three of your posts here indicate that you have CHDK's "firmware update" loading method working but not the "SD Card Lock" autobooting method.

That says the correct CHDK files are correctly loaded onto your SD card.  So I'm guessing that the most likely issue here is the format of your SD card.  If your card is not formatted FAT16 (but FAT32 or anything else) then autoboot won't work.  STICK may or may not catch the format mistake (Dave will need to weigh in here).

I've loaded CHDK in an older version of Elph a few years ago and I loved it especially for shooting in RAW. I've loaded and reloaded, Stick chose the same file as I would have, the default, and it moves easily through loading and ejecting and I lock it but nothing happens, there is no logo there is no screen change
Does the Canon firmware report "Card Locked" in the LCD when you start the camera?
« Last Edit: 21 / November / 2017, 19:54:47 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

well then I went into the menu when the card was in my camera and checked off "make card rebootable" I just guessed. It works now when I put it in the camera

well then I went into the menu when the card was in my camera and checked off "make card rebootable" I just guessed. It works now when I put it in the camera
By "works now" do you mean that it will now automatically load with the Card Lock switch in the "Locked" position?   If so, that confirms my suspicion that your card was initially not formatted correctly.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Yes, that's what I mean, for some reason stick wasn't formatting to be rebootable