CHDK Autoboot w/ Eye-Fi - General Chat - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK Autoboot w/ Eye-Fi

• 34 Replies

Offline hobo

• SD750
CHDK Autoboot w/ Eye-Fi
« on: 12 / May / 2008, 09:32:47 »
Advertisements

No Lock, as you can see. Does any work around exist, or will users of the card just not be able to autoboot?

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: CHDK Autoboot w/ Eye-Fi
« Reply #1 on: 12 / May / 2008, 14:09:24 »
hardware-hack i guess. either use tape or bubblegum or whatever you have that you can affix to the card. just make sure it wont fall off when in-camera.
do you happen to own one of these by the way?
do you know if it is possible to WRITE onto them via WLAN?
this would make debugging so much easier (right now when i compile a new build - which i do very often :D - i have to take the card outta my cam, put it into cardreader, move chdk onto it, put it back in cam.)!
« Last Edit: 12 / May / 2008, 14:11:26 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline vine

• A560
    • my chdk page
« Reply #2 on: 12 / May / 2008, 14:20:13 »
hardware-hack i guess. either use tape or bubblegum or whatever you have that you can affix to the card. just make sure it wont fall off when in-camera.
Wouldn't you actually have to take some of the plastic away? I was under the impression card readers check for the "hole" when you set the switch to write protected. Am I wrong?
I was wondering about this since the card first appeared. From all I could find out sadly it is not possible to write to it :(
my photo map

my chdk page with tutorials, scripts and more

>> finally back from vacation (was a bit longer than intended) <<

Offline Phantomse

• A720 IS Allbest 50
« Reply #3 on: 12 / May / 2008, 14:29:49 »
Can it be bought in Europe? I whant one if CHDK proves to be waking some time soon on them.
By the way Newsflash An update to the product :
Eye-Fi: Eye-Fi Announces Explore, Share and Home Models

and

The Eye-Fi Card - Dissected | IkonTools
« Last Edit: 12 / May / 2008, 14:35:21 by Phantomse »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #4 on: 12 / May / 2008, 15:43:22 »
Wouldn't you actually have to take some of the plastic away? I was under the impression card readers check for the "hole" when you set the switch to write protected. Am I wrong?
I was wondering about this since the card first appeared. From all I could find out sadly it is not possible to write to it :(

uhm, actually i must admit i dont know how the write protection actually works, you can be right of course. but i assumed that because the card already has an empty space (see the picture) that this space must be the "you can write onto me, if you want to" bit (which has to be set to "1" (filled) to enable write protection). anyhoo, it's either glueing or cutting then :)

Offline RaduP

« Reply #5 on: 12 / May / 2008, 22:50:22 »
It would be really cool if you could write on them via WiFi, the possibilities would be endless. For example, you could take remote shots (for example, read the card and look for a file name, if it's there, take the shot). Or remote script execution, etc.

Offline hobo

• SD750
« Reply #6 on: 12 / May / 2008, 23:16:59 »
Sorry guys, I have one and you cannot write via wifi... yet. I'm sure there is much, much, much more capability to this card than the stock software offers (you can't even upload videos!), but there isn't any project for it like CHDK that I know of. Needless to say, the wireless photo uploading is quite cool and fairly speedy.

Thanks for the tip about the lock... heres what wikipedia says:
The switch / notch works in same way as the notches on compact audio cassettes and videotape cassette tapes or floppy disks. A closed or covered notch is writable, while an open notch (or removed tab) is protected.

If the switch becomes broken or falls off then the card will become a write-protected ROM card and no longer be writable. A possible troubleshooting solution would be to apply tape over the notched area (avoiding the connectors and the other notch) to configure the card in a permanent writable state.
Sounds good!

Offline Phantomse

• A720 IS Allbest 50
« Reply #7 on: 13 / May / 2008, 14:51:49 »
I was wandering how far can we go with Eye-fi, would wireless webcam wireless control from PC and all that fit over Wi-fi?

Offline intrnst

• A710IS + Morebest
« Reply #8 on: 28 / May / 2008, 04:23:04 »
Range: 90+ feet outdoors and 45+ feet indoors (according eye-fi )
It seems that only closed files could be uploaded. So...

And the Geotagging stuff is linked at already existing hot-spots/Wi-Fi networks. But there are always the PC + GPS + macro/program solution.

Cheers
-- funny english, be aware -- CHDK for Dummies - The Very First Steps

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #9 on: 28 / May / 2008, 04:37:15 »
what do you mean by closed files?