I have a SX430 IS, can I help? I want to try.

• 3 Replies
I have a SX430 IS, can I help? I want to try.
« on: 28 / April / 2018, 10:27:24 »
Advertisements
Hello, Im new here. I have this camera and I would like to know if there's someone already working with the CHDK version for this camera. I would like to know if theres any way I could help speed the process.

Btw, this throws me an E60 error when I try to use any of the WiFi Functions, is there a way I could fix that, maybe by loading the original firmware from any available dump?

Thanks!

Re: I have a SX430 IS, can I help? I want to try.
« Reply #1 on: 28 / April / 2018, 11:02:43 »
Hello, Im new here. I have this camera and I would like to know if there's someone already working with the CHDK version for this camera. I would like to know if theres any way I could help speed the process.

link> CHDK FAQ : My camera isn't ported yet

Btw, this throws me an E60 error when I try to use any of the WiFi Functions, is there a way I could fix that, maybe by loading the original firmware from any available dump?
Unfortunately, firmware dumps cannot be used to reload / replace Canon firmware in the camera.  While it might be technically possible to figure out how to do so, the risk of bricking a few cameras during the development process has kept anyone from trying.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 28 / April / 2018, 11:17:48 »

link> CHDK FAQ : My camera isn't ported yet

Unfortunately, firmware dumps cannot be used to reload / replace Canon firmware in the camera.  While it might be technically possible to figure out how to do so, the risk of bricking a few cameras during the development process has kept anyone from trying.

Oh, thank you! I'll try to port the available dump, mine seems damaged...

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #3 on: 28 / April / 2018, 14:16:32 »
This can be a good starting point for firmware 100b.
File kbd.c is not finished and I'm not sure about restart function in loader / main.c (sub_FF038D8C).