How to save a script file? Copy the code of other writers to a file and save? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

How to save a script file? Copy the code of other writers to a file and save?

• 4 Replies
Advertisements
Some scripts on CHDK do not have a download link and just show the code in the blue box. Can some one please tell me how to copy, paste and save that file so I can use it in the camera. I have no knowledge of scripting or coding. Thanks.

Offline reyalp

Some scripts on CHDK do not have a download link and just show the code in the blue box. Can some one please tell me how to copy, paste and save that file so I can use it in the camera. I have no knowledge of scripting or coding. Thanks.
You need to copy the text into a text editor (like notepad on windows) and save it as plain ASCII / ANSI text. For Lua scripts, the file extension must be .lua. For ubasic, it should be .bas.

On windows, unsetting "Hide extensions of known file types" in file explorer preferences makes it easier to get the extension right.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Thank you Reyalp. When saving with "save file as" command, the window comes up with a default name such as newfile.txt (Do I need to change it to say ult_interval.bas) and next box under that "save as type" showing "text document (*.txt)" (do i need to change that to "all files *.*"). Thanks for the help.

Offline reyalp

Thank you Reyalp. When saving with "save file as" command, the window comes up with a default name such as newfile.txt (Do I need to change it to say ult_interval.bas)
It's a good idea to use a short name with the correct extension and no spaces or special characters. For lua scripts, the extension must be .lua.
and next box under that "save as type" showing "text document (*.txt)" (do i need to change that to "all files *.*"). Thanks for the help.
Yes

I would add that there are a lot of very old scripts floating around on the wiki and forum. It is very likely that many of them do not work on recent cameras or do not work with modern CHDK versions.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Thank you very much.