Fixing short shutter press overrides: 56 Cams || 9 fixed || 43 fine || 4 open - page 4 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Fixing short shutter press overrides: 56 Cams || 9 fixed || 43 fine || 4 open

• 43 Replies

Offline koshy

Advertisements
After establishing that A620 also has the problem, as well as A640 did. I thought I could test this even with a stuck shutter. Override of 1 second in TV mode with a short time set in camera. Problem showed on short shutter press, problem fixed, patch attached.

A620 on the other hand was different enough again that I'll need help on that one.

EDIT: The problem I wrote of in here for a couple of minutes was that I had set 1 minute rather than a second. Little wonder that kept flashing forever  :haha When A610 which does not exhibit the problem kept doing the same for the trunk version I knew I had slipped.
« Last Edit: 12 / June / 2018, 20:05:13 by koshy »
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

A550 and A560 only power on via play button.
They differ from all other A5xx models by having a play/rec button.
The others have a play/rec switch.
I think this was established before but won't hunt for that during testing.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline reyalp

A couple of thousand iterations of it did nothing but make a buzz. I'll set it aside, maybe fix it one day.
A buzz probably rules out the cable problem srsa suggested, at least.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline koshy

A couple of thousand iterations of it did nothing but make a buzz. I'll set it aside, maybe fix it one day.
A buzz probably rules out the cable problem srsa suggested, at least.
Yes, audibly it is the same as on A620 where the liveview flickers due to shutter openeng closing so it is the right thing, too.

Offline koshy

So Axxx series is done. I miss A495 but will get mine back one of these days. It should not be affected but we'll see.
Only S and SX cameras left on another day. At least one patch produced sucessfully.

Offline reyalp

A630 is checked in.

Offline reyalp

I noticed that "captseq_hack_override_active" only checked for shutter and ISO overrides, because I originally wrote it for cameras without an iris.

I verified on sx160 that the same issue applies to aperture overrides, and updated captseq_hack_override_active to check for them. This doesn't appear to be required for ND, at least for D10. ND is physically set at the time of override, rather than just setting a propcase, so it makes sense that it would behave differently.

No change to testing or re-testing should be required, just noting it here along with the related changes.

Offline koshy

I'm done testing my lot on the short shutter press overrides. Once the three open cadidates are fixed this little effort will have lead to a dozen cameras where we improved matters.

Offline koshy

nafraf pointed out that A3100 has the same dryos version as Ixus 130 and that I might look at that. A3100 is done by code_gen, Ixus 130 is not. Well, time to get the code_gen executable operational, which I did, and then to fashion A3100 like Ixus 130. Tested it, didn't work. Luckily I didn't waste a lot of time on it but rather tested Ixus 130. Didn't work either. It has the shorter flavour of the patch but that does not cut it:

Note some ports have a simpler version of the workaround that doesn't call captseq_hack_override_active, like (from sx1)
Code: [Select]
//  this code added to avoid some incorrect behavior if overrides are used.
 //  but it can cause some unexpected side effects. In this case, remove this code!

"MOV     R0, #0\n"
            "STR     R0, [R4,#0x24]\n"  // fixes overrides  behavior at short shutter press

//  end of my code

Does this imply that I'll go through all cameras that have that one? I guess so...

Offline koshy

In case that's relevant here is the patch that made A3100 like IXUS 130 but which failed as it does.