use chdk - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

use chdk

• 4 Replies
use chdk
« on: 27 / June / 2018, 03:28:24 »
Advertisements
Hello,
i'm new to this forum and trying to understand how to use CHDK.
in the bootable option is said that the SD card should be in the lock position in order for the camera to boot.
where my pictures are going to be stored?
Should i change the boot SD with new card after the boot, while the camera is on?
what happens to the CHDK after the camera is going to sleep? should I boot again?
Thanks for your kind help/

Re: use chdk
« Reply #1 on: 27 / June / 2018, 06:19:25 »
where my pictures are going to be stored?
Your pictures are stored on your SD card in the same folders as they were previously stored.  The lock switch on the SD card is not a physical lock - it just indicates to the camera software that the card should not be written to.  CHDK bypasses that software check and allows the camera to write to the card normally.

Should i change the boot SD with new card after the boot, while the camera is on?
No.  Not only will that not work, it's not necessary. See my answer to your first question.

what happens to the CHDK after the camera is going to sleep? should I boot again?
After the camera is turned off, CHDK dissappears from the camera memory.  It has to be reloaded each time you start the camera.  If you use the SD card lock booting method, that happens automatically.  If you use the Firmware Update booting method, you need to perform the loading steps each time you start your camera.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 27 / June / 2018, 08:55:30 »
Dear waterwingz,
Thanks a lot for your detailed response,
one last detail, once the camera goes on sleep mode, is CHDK erased or stay in memory when I press half way the release button?
Regards
Naftali

« Reply #3 on: 27 / June / 2018, 09:18:21 »
one last detail, once the camera goes on sleep mode, is CHDK erased or stay in memory when I press half way the release button?
CHDK stays is memory until you actually turn the power off.  Sleep mode (i.e. the LCD display turns off and the lens retracts) do not erase CHDK from memory.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #4 on: 27 / June / 2018, 09:30:25 »
Dear waterwingz,
Thanks again for your fast and helpful response.
regards