Canon Ixus 185 - Assistance needed! - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Canon Ixus 185 - Assistance needed!

• 2 Replies
Canon Ixus 185 - Assistance needed!
« on: 09 / August / 2019, 11:10:40 »
Advertisements
Greetings,

I am working on the Canon Ixus 185, and I am looking for support with CHDK. I see that there is no support for this camera.

If someone has a CHDK version for the Ixus 185, please let me know, and there is a bounty available if you are able to create a CHDK version for the IXUS 185.

Thank you,

Owen

Offline srsa_4c

Re: Canon Ixus 185 - Assistance needed!
« Reply #1 on: 09 / August / 2019, 11:54:04 »
A bounty isn't needed as there is an incomplete port for this camera. A test build is available for firmware version 100a.

As written in that linked post, we need volunteers for testing. In addition to https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/Testing , someone will need to collect the shooting mode IDs (and probably try a few more things).

Re: Canon Ixus 185 - Assistance needed!
« Reply #2 on: 09 / August / 2019, 12:39:16 »
srsa_4c,

Thank you So much!!

This version is working flawlessly with my Ixus 185. We have tested it for what we need: automatic boot and RAW shooting capabilities. This version allows us to boot up and shoot raw images, and that's all we need it for at the moment.

Do you need other feedback on functionalities? I'm a newbie so info I can provide you will be limited.

Thanks,

Owen