Clean Canon overlays (G7X II, G5X; EOS M10, M3, also M5, M6, M100 via script) - page 6 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Clean Canon overlays (G7X II, G5X; EOS M10, M3, also M5, M6, M100 via script)

• 189 Replies

Offline ldd

Re: Clean Canon overlays (M10, M3, also M6, M100 via script)
« Reply #50 on: 04 / December / 2019, 19:00:56 »
Advertisements
Hello guys.
My name is Dave i'm from Argentina.
I want to have clean HDMI output in my powershot G5X, but my english is very bad :)

I watch this video->

Can u help me? I'll try to read the thread but is complicated for my follow the chat.

Thanks!

« Reply #51 on: 08 / December / 2019, 15:50:31 »
¡Hola Dave!

Thanks to some help from @srsa_4c, the latest CHIMP 0.9.6 beta should support G5X.

The attached version is untested; please let me know if it worked for you.
« Last Edit: 08 / December / 2019, 16:23:40 by dmitrys »
Author of CHIMP, Canon Hack Installation and Management Platform

« Reply #52 on: 08 / December / 2019, 17:31:44 »
Hi, this is my first time using any of this. I'm desperate to get clean HDMI, but I cannot figure this out for the life of me. I loaded CHIMP onto my SD card and got the CHDK working(I can access the menus and such), but I can't find the setting required. Any help for noob?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #53 on: 09 / December / 2019, 13:42:48 »
Hi, this is my first time using any of this. I'm desperate to get clean HDMI, but I cannot figure this out for the life of me. I loaded CHIMP onto my SD card and got the CHDK working(I can access the menus and such), but I can't find the setting required.
Which camera is that? This CHDK feature is only available on the EOS M3 and M10, a short description can be found on card, in the file named camnotes.txt.
The other models mentioned in the thread title (plus now the G5X, hopefully) are supported through a simple script that is unrelated to CHDK. If you installed the script on one of those cameras, all you need to do is start the cam in playback mode and press SET.

« Reply #54 on: 09 / December / 2019, 21:28:29 »
Sorry, this is for the G5X! But yeah, I managed to install CHDK (do I not need to?) I can't figure out how to run scripts/find the script I need to run. I can get to the script page in the menu, but the one that I'm supposed to run "clean overlay" doesn't appear to be there. Am I completely missing something? Thanks so much for anyone who helps!

« Reply #55 on: 10 / December / 2019, 03:57:55 »
Sorry, this is for the G5X! But yeah, I managed to install CHDK (do I not need to?) I can't figure out how to run scripts/find the script I need to run. I can get to the script page in the menu, but the one that I'm supposed to run "clean overlay" doesn't appear to be there. Am I completely missing something? Thanks so much for anyone who helps!
Try updating to the latest development version.

If that doesn't work:
1. Delete CHDK from card.
2. Run CHIMP BETA 5X and select Disable Autoboot.
3. Run CHIMP BETA 5X and select Clear Canon Overlays.
4. Follow the instructions on the Summary page.
Author of CHIMP, Canon Hack Installation and Management Platform

« Reply #56 on: 10 / December / 2019, 05:27:20 »
YOOOO!!! Thanks! I just had to update to the newest build I guess! This is great! Now I just need to get it to stop powering off, haha. Trying to use it as a webcam for streaming! Maybe I need a dummy battery. Thanks for your help!

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #57 on: 10 / December / 2019, 13:57:05 »
Now I just need to get it to stop powering off
In CHDK menu:
CHDK Settings -> Disable LCD Off [Always]

To get rid of the CHDK overlay, you need to set
CHDK Settings -> OSD Settings -> Show OSD [ ]
and (in case you're recording video on cam)
Video Parameters -> Show remaining videotime [Don't]

« Reply #58 on: 11 / December / 2019, 00:14:45 »
You guys are the best! Saved me having to brave Craigslist! Many thanks and cheers!

« Reply #59 on: 23 / January / 2020, 09:47:10 »
Hello there,

I've been searching for a way to have a clean overlay on my Canon EOS M6 that has 1.00F Frimware.

Is there anyway to have clean overlay and infinite LCD on, on my camera?