Clean Canon overlays (M10, M3, also M6, M100 via script) - page 8 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Clean Canon overlays (M10, M3, also M6, M100 via script)

• 73 Replies
Re: Clean Canon overlays (M10, M3, also M6, M100 via script)
« Reply #70 on: 15 / March / 2020, 14:23:57 »
Advertisements
I see the script works for M6 1.00b and 1.00f—when I check my M6 it says version 1.00
Is that another version still? Thanks so much!

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #71 on: 15 / March / 2020, 15:16:51 »
when I check my M6 it says version 1.00
Is that another version still?
The version number shown in the Canon menu does not include the last character. To find out the complete version, use exiftool on a JPEG/CR2 image made with that camera.
You need this line:
Code: [Select]
Firmware Revision               : 1.00 rev 1.00Where rev 1.00 means 'a', rev 2.00 means 'b' and so on.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #72 on: 23 / March / 2020, 01:24:40 »
Here's a small patch to add options to only enable clean overlay if HDMI HPD or video out is detected.
ExtDisp = only if in rec, and either video out is present
ExtRec = only if video recording, and video out is present

Only works if the relevant phsw bits are identified. The menu items could probably be ifdef'd.

Motivation:
You don't have to change the setting if you switch between using video out and regular shooting.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #73 on: 23 / March / 2020, 14:55:44 »
I'm not against adding something similar, but I have a few notes/suggestions.
ExtDisp = only if in rec, and either video out is present
ExtRec = only if video recording, and video out is present
IMHO adding these options to the list would make things more confusing. I originally used "Rec" for rec mode in general and "MviRec" for movie recording. I was hoping to choose abbreviations that are simple enough for non-English users. Hard to do that when the strings are limited to 7 chars.
So, if I worked on this feature, I'd probably add a separate menu entry for the all displays / external displays option.

The other note is that I had an addition to the clean overlay feature that added a menu entry and used the same config word to store that menu entry's state. I chose not to add it because it needs the "busy" dialogs to successfully clean the overlays (and that causes a momentary blink that I find annoying). Too bad, because the feature itself was useful.
The gui.c part of that patch could give hints (but it could be coded better, I guess).