Clean Canon overlays (G7X II, G5X; EOS M10, M3, also M5, M6, M100 via script) - page 16 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Clean Canon overlays (G7X II, G5X; EOS M10, M3, also M5, M6, M100 via script)

• 189 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: Clean Canon overlays (M10, M3, also M6, M100 via script)
« Reply #150 on: 03 / March / 2021, 16:31:20 »
Advertisements
So should the Clean HDMI work on my G9 X Mark II too?
According to the manual, that model doesn't output HDMI signal in rec mode.
Is there a way to start Canon Basic automatically without pressing the SET button?
Not to my knowledge. I guess something could be done from a diskboot.bin file (either a through a simple hack or through a proper port).

Re: Clean Canon overlays (M10, M3, also M6, M100 via script)
« Reply #151 on: 19 / June / 2021, 02:01:05 »
Sorry, this is for the G5X! But yeah, I managed to install CHDK (do I not need to?) I can't figure out how to run scripts/find the script I need to run. I can get to the script page in the menu, but the one that I'm supposed to run "clean overlay" doesn't appear to be there. Am I completely missing something? Thanks so much for anyone who helps!
Try updating to the latest development version.

If that doesn't work:
1. Delete CHDK from card.
2. Run CHIMP BETA 5X and select Disable Autoboot.
3. Run CHIMP BETA 5X and select Clear Canon Overlays.
4. Follow the instructions on the Summary page.

Hi dmitrys, starting with a low level formatted microSD card, I am not able to run CHIMP BETA 5X on its own because it could not detect any camera software.  I had to download the CHDK zip file for the G5X separately and copy the extracted files onto my microSD card.  That's was how I was able to continue on with Detect Software and Detect Camera. Then eventually select Clear Canon Overlays 1.0.1.

The instructions on the summary page says:
"Start the camera in Playback mode.
"Press the Set button to execute Clear Canon Overlays."

When I press the Set button, the only thing that happens is the time/clock shows on my G5X?

Any guidance will be appreciated...

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
Re: Clean Canon overlays (M10, M3, also M5, M6, M100 via script)
« Reply #152 on: 19 / June / 2021, 11:17:46 »
Maybe You want to restart here, with an empty card plus a photo on it.   :-[
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13091.msg141330#msg141330

When I press the Set button, the only thing that happens is the time/clock shows on my G5X?
... and the SD card needs to be locked ...
« Last Edit: 19 / June / 2021, 11:31:17 by Caefix »
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

« Reply #153 on: 20 / June / 2021, 03:34:57 »
Maybe You want to restart here, with an empty card plus a photo on it.   :-[
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13091.msg141330#msg141330

... and the SD card needs to be locked ...

Hi Caefix, thank you so much for these tips.  I finally got it to boot and work! 

For those on a similar journey with their G5X, I would like to add that to get into the CHDK menu, just VERY lightly tap the G5X [Mobile Device Connect] button!

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #154 on: 23 / June / 2021, 15:53:42 »
  I finally got it to boot and work! 
Maybe You prefere the Ximr build from ...  8)
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12788.msg146287#msg146287
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

Offline hwntw

HelloWould a version of this script work on the S100? I tried to output HDMI to my smartphone, but all I could see was a set of vertical colour bars
Ixus 300HS S100

Windows 10

Online reyalp

HelloWould a version of this script work on the S100? I tried to output HDMI to my smartphone, but all I could see was a set of vertical colour bars
As far as we know, only some Digic 6 and 7 cameras support HDMI out in shooting mode, so there would be no use for this script on S100.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: Clean Canon overlays (G7X II, G5X; EOS M10, M3, also M5, M6, M100 via script)
« Reply #157 on: 23 / September / 2021, 00:44:05 »
where ? i can't find it

Online reyalp

Re: Clean Canon overlays (G7X II, G5X; EOS M10, M3, also M5, M6, M100 via script)
« Reply #158 on: 24 / September / 2021, 01:03:42 »
where ? i can't find it
The scripts are linked in from the first post of this thread. If you have other questions or problems, you need to be more specific, starting with which camera you have.

The "report post" function is for things like spam that need moderator attention. It's not a way to get faster answers to your posts, and continuing to treat it as such will not have the result you want.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline sam

« Reply #159 on: 30 / September / 2021, 07:34:46 »
where ? i can't find it
The scripts are linked in from the first post of this thread. If you have other questions or problems, you need to be more specific, starting with which camera you have.

The "report post" function is for things like spam that need moderator attention. It's not a way to get faster answers to your posts, and continuing to treat it as such will not have the result you want.

I can't find the Canon Basic Documentation from coresecurity.com. Seems they have taken it down. Does there exist any other documentation on the Canon Basic Script Functions? I own a M6 (Mark 1) and would like to put the magnifying glass function on one of the Fn buttons.