shooting script using Canon basic ?

• 42 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: shooting script using Canon basic ?
« Reply #40 on: 19 / November / 2018, 16:12:21 »
Advertisements
get_parameter_data is (usually) equivalent to an eventproc named PTM_RestoreUIProperty which is registered by UI.Create or UI.CreatePublic. There can be cases when PTM_RestoreUIProperty is doing something different, but that is probably limited to special cases (just guessing: factory mode, cam was reset to defaults, etc).
To use it successfully, one needs to know the size of various params - some can be found in CHDK source, others can be found in a disassembly with some luck.
Not all permanent camera settings are handled via params.

« Reply #41 on: 20 / November / 2018, 04:01:41 »
To use it successfully, one needs to know the size of various params - some can be found in CHDK source, others can be found in a disassembly with some luck.
Not all permanent camera settings are handled via params.

I thought of a way to read out the shutter count for cameras that are not ported. With my cameras, the shutter count is always at the beginning of the parameter block.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #42 on: 20 / November / 2018, 17:23:07 »
I thought of a way to read out the shutter count for cameras that are not ported.
I see. If it can be assumed that the shutter count param is among the first few, one could do these:
- simple script that shows the first few params as integer (and perhaps saves them in a file)
- a more complicated script that takes a sample of those params, takes a picture, and shows the changed params.