Can't find firmware version Power Shot SX60 HS - page 3 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Can't find firmware version Power Shot SX60 HS

• 24 Replies
Re: Can't find firmware version Power Shot SX60 HS
« Reply #20 on: 11 / September / 2018, 14:59:15 »
Advertisements
That file is not there.
Strange.  I just fired up a Windows machine and confirmed that it's created every time STICK exits (either via the Exit button or the Window close X in the upper right hand corner).  If you have your system set to hide file extensions (the .txt part) then it might be just called sticklog

Strange, because the process for configuring the card seemed to move right along when I used the right computer. I feel as though we're so close...
That's why seeing the log is essential ...
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline zeno

« Reply #21 on: 12 / September / 2018, 03:54:13 »
Hi Geezer6711

if you email me (zenoshrdluATgmail.com) the log file (it's a file called sticklog.txt in the STICK directory) that STICK writes when it terminates I may be able to see what's going wrong.

STICK does sometimes have problems identifying card drives under WINDOWS - particularly on laptops. It seems to depend on the particular way windows accesses the hardware.

Dave
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #22 on: 13 / September / 2018, 11:04:33 »
Dave, I tried, but my email reply won't go through.
I'm attaching the txt file to this reply.
Geezer6711 (Bill)

« Reply #23 on: 13 / September / 2018, 13:24:39 »
Hi Geezer6711
if you email me (zenoshrdluATgmail.com) the log file (it's a file called sticklog.txt in the STICK directory) that STICK writes when it terminates I may be able to see what's going wrong.
STICK does sometimes have problems identifying card drives under WINDOWS - particularly on laptops. It seems to depend on the particular way windows accesses the hardware.
Dave
Dave ( @zeno )

Per my most recent PM to you, the log file Geezer6711 posted contains this line:

Code: [Select]
Downloading http://zenoshrdlu.com/acid/acidchdkt.properties
 - searching for build for Trunk CHDK sx60hs-100f
 - build found - Trunk CHDK bins/sx60hs-100f-1.5.0-5096-full_ALPHA.zip

Does this mean STICK is looking for 1.5.0 as the development builds?  Even though the labels on the app window show it using 1.3 as stable and 1.4 as development?

Also, Geezer6711 setup a test100f.zip file, which the log shows STICK finding.  Does it ignore the "unsupported build" file if it can find an official release in the autobuild?

Otherwise, the log stops at
STICK needs permission to analyse disk even though he ran it with stickx.cmd and the log says :
Is an admin
« Last Edit: 13 / September / 2018, 13:26:43 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline zeno

« Reply #24 on: 13 / September / 2018, 18:14:28 »
Hi WW

first STICK does indeed use the latest stable and trunk versions - though the labels in the UI don't properly record this. I should fix this.

Second the log states near the top that "elevated=false" which means that although the user was an admin, permission to make changes has not been granted. That's why at the bottom of the log there's an Error 5 (Access Denied) which causes STICK's attempt to read/write the card to fail. The Visual Basic that the command file invokes asks for permission - not sure what Geezer6711 did when asked but it doesn't look like he gave permission.

Dave
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit