SX430 - This will be my first porting Attempt - page 6 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

SX430 - This will be my first porting Attempt

• 202 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: SX430 - This will be my first porting Attempt
« Reply #50 on: 09 / November / 2018, 13:28:59 »
Advertisements
the AF LED turns on , turns off
there is a very small period it turns on then immediately turns off ..... maybe a few milliseconds... you could almost miss it
So, those are two separate blinks, the first is long, the second is barely noticeable?
I suspect that the firmware does not detect a valid starting condition and goes into shutdown immediately.

sub_FF027F38 looks unusual. If it finds the reboot flag (0x23456789, using sub_FF038D70), it performs some sort of extra initialization(?), which is not done in older cams.

I'd try two things at this point (one or the other or both):
- start the cam by pressing and holding one of the appropriate buttons (playback or on/off)
- comment out the line in the loader (loader/sx430is/main.c) that sets the reboot flag:
//"    STR     R0, [R1, #0xFFC] \n"

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #51 on: 09 / November / 2018, 15:45:37 »
there is a very small period it turns on then immediately turns off ..... maybe a few milliseconds... you could almost miss it
So, those are two separate blinks, the first is long, the second is barely noticeable?
I suspect that the firmware does not detect a valid starting condition and goes into shutdown immediately.

sub_FF027F38 looks unusual. If it finds the reboot flag (0x23456789, using sub_FF038D70), it performs some sort of extra initialization(?), which is not done in older cams.

- start the cam by pressing and holding one of the appropriate buttons (playback or on/off)
- comment out the line in the loader (loader/sx430is/main.c) that sets the reboot flag:
With regard to blinks, the code-gen cleared the blinker in boot.c so only one blink was visible from the loader / main.c
Here is the blinker again in boot.c, and the line "STR R0, [R1, # 0xFFC] \ n" is commented out in the loader / main.c
I'm sorry if I made a mess around the second blink.

@ntstatic

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #52 on: 09 / November / 2018, 17:46:15 »
Looking at the disasm, it does seem to me that the presence of the reboot flag makes the cam erase some flash areas and probably halt (in sub_FF038DF8).

« Reply #53 on: 09 / November / 2018, 17:50:10 »

With regard to blinks, the code-gen cleared the blinker in boot.c so only one blink was visible from the loader / main.c
Here is the blinker again in boot.c, and the line "STR R0, [R1, # 0xFFC] \ n" is commented out in the loader / main.c
I'm sorry if I made a mess around the second blink.

@ntstatic

two blinks and then the camera starts with the CHDK startup logo and the Set Date/Time screen
the Alt Menu for CHDK is available

i will have to check the functionality in the morning as it is 4.20 am  :)

looks good though

« Reply #54 on: 09 / November / 2018, 18:32:45 »
... and then the camera starts with the CHDK startup logo and the Set Date/Time screen
That's interesting. The Set Date/Time screen has nothing to do with CHDK.   It only shows up on a brand new camera or one with a dead internal battery.

If you start your camera without CHDK (i.e. unlock the SD card) do you get the Set Date/Time message every time?

Do you get it every time your start with CHDK loaded?

This might have something to do with :

???
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #55 on: 10 / November / 2018, 00:47:51 »
... and then the camera starts with the CHDK startup logo and the Set Date/Time screen
That's interesting. The Set Date/Time screen has nothing to do with CHDK.   It only shows up on a brand new camera or one with a dead internal battery.

If you start your camera without CHDK (i.e. unlock the SD card) do you get the Set Date/Time message every time?

Do you get it every time your start with CHDK loaded?

This might have something to do with :

???

it is strange ... yes it does show up everytime.... i will look in to it further and report back

« Reply #56 on: 10 / November / 2018, 00:59:09 »
i had to set the date time .... go in to the menu and set it again (i did a timezone too for good measure) and it stopped

the play button brings up the ALT and the menu appars but the cursor does not move
the highlight is on
shutter half press *

and pressing set/func does get to the script menu and here the cursor works

but back to ALT shortcuts menu ... it does not work

also i dont think i am getting the CHDK settings menu with any combination

pressing the Play brings up the Alt Shortcut and switchs to play mode

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #57 on: 10 / November / 2018, 04:29:37 »
i had to set the date time .... go in to the menu and set it again (i did a timezone too for good measure) and it stopped

the play button brings up the ALT and the menu appars but the cursor does not move
the highlight is on
shutter half press *

I mentioned it before, the kbd.c file is not finished.
You can try this build, the keymap seems the same as on the sx420, maybe it will work. If it does not work you will have to find the missing keys.
Are you familiar with the chdkptp application?

« Reply #58 on: 10 / November / 2018, 11:19:48 »

the highlight is on
shutter half press *

I mentioned it before, the kbd.c file is not finished.
You can try this build, the keymap seems the same as on the sx420, maybe it will work. If it does not work you will have to find the missing keys.
Are you familiar with the chdkptp application?
yes i have been using it since SX120  :) so it is a long time. give me some time and i will download and check the latest changes you posted

« Reply #59 on: 10 / November / 2018, 11:23:14 »
downloaded and everyting seems ok on the face of it .... menu works but give me a few hours and i will give it a more thorough examination
plus i will check it with ptp