supplierdeeply

SX430 - This will be my first porting Attempt

• 133 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: SX430 - This will be my first porting Attempt
« Reply #130 on: 24 / November / 2018, 21:32:35 »
Advertisements
This is checked in, not currently enabled in the autobuild.

One minor note:
If vid_get_viewport_fb_d is in platform lib.c (as opposed to the sub lib.c used in older ports),  it should use the variable output by the sig finder (viewport_fb_d) rather than the function that directly references the address.
The platform lib.c shouldn't refer to things like variable or ROM addresses that might vary between firmware versions. I made that change in r5128.

Hardware addresses (like raw_image_addr, bitmap_fb, MMIOs) are fine in platform lib.c, since they are not expected to vary between subs.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #131 on: 25 / November / 2018, 08:42:04 »
This is checked in, not currently enabled in the autobuild.

One minor note:
If vid_get_viewport_fb_d is in platform lib.c (as opposed to the sub lib.c used in older ports),  it should use the variable output by the sig finder (viewport_fb_d) rather than the function that directly references the address.
The platform lib.c shouldn't refer to things like variable or ROM addresses that might vary between firmware versions. I made that change in r5128.

Hardware addresses (like raw_image_addr, bitmap_fb, MMIOs) are fine in platform lib.c, since they are not expected to vary between subs.
Thanks!
I understand what the problem is, thank you for fixing it for me.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #132 on: 06 / December / 2018, 18:05:58 »
Just a note. The sigfinder currently does not detect CreateBinarySemaphore correctly (should be 0xff0280ac). Don't enable ARAM or EXMEM until it's fixed (I have a patch but the fix needs more considerations). This is the only port in svn that's affected.

edit:
issue fixed in revision 5136
« Last Edit: 07 / December / 2018, 17:57:02 by srsa_4c »

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #133 on: 09 / December / 2018, 02:47:34 »
Just a note. The sigfinder currently does not detect CreateBinarySemaphore correctly (should be 0xff0280ac). Don't enable ARAM or EXMEM until it's fixed (I have a patch but the fix needs more considerations). This is the only port in svn that's affected.

edit:
issue fixed in revision 5136
Thanks for solving problems.