« Reply #40 on: 13 / May / 2022, 09:00:35 »
Advertisements
Found & added the other one ...
Code: [Select]
// trunk camera_list.csv
ixus285_elph360hs,100c,ALPHA,,SKIP_AUTOBUILD
                                                             :-[
Code: [Select]
../../../../platform/ixus285_elph360hs/libplatform.a(wrappers.o): In function `shooting_get_current_delta_sv96':
wrappers.c:(.text+0x40c): undefined reference to `_get_current_deltasv'
../../../../platform/ixus285_elph360hs/libplatform.a(wrappers.o): In function `shooting_get_current_base_sv96':
wrappers.c:(.text+0x41c): undefined reference to `_GetCurrentDriveBaseSvValue'
../../../../platform/ixus285_elph360hs/libplatform.a(wrappers.o): In function `switch_mode_usb':
wrappers.c:(.text+0x108c): undefined reference to `cameracon_state'
../../../../platform/ixus285_elph360hs/libplatform.a(wrappers.o): In function `DeleteSemaphore':
wrappers.c:(.text+0x1268): undefined reference to `_DeleteSemaphore'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[1]: *** [main.elf] Error 1
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Then I downloaded the firmware, added it to my primary folder, compliled
with PRIMARY_ROOT, fine again...  :D

Edit: Appended the 3 auto-updated files for /../sub/100c.
« Last Edit: 13 / May / 2022, 10:16:10 by Caefix »
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

Re: IXUS 285 ( IXUS285 )
« Reply #41 on: 13 / May / 2022, 11:17:38 »
Thanks so much! I will give it a try in the next couple of days and hopefully it's what I need! Thanks again.

« Reply #42 on: 14 / May / 2022, 10:04:40 »
Thanks for the quick replies, but I have hit an issue and maybe you can shed some light on it. I have been trying 1.5.0 version and following the Prepare SD Card tutorial via copying files to SD card, selecting upgrade firmware and locking the card. That version worked fine in terms of CHDK access and I could see and set some of the chdk options via gphoto2 library, however, features were missing, no ability to take capture etc and the main reason why I wanted to try 1.6 (latest) release. However, in the archive that you've sent I see a missing PS.FI2 file and when I copy archive files/folders to the SD card and insert it into camera, I no longer see the upgrade firmware option. I have tried simply copying PS.FI2 from 1.5.0 archive to 1.6 archive, and I see the upgrade firmware option, but after upgrading firmware, locking SD card and trying to start camera, it no longer starts and requires me to unlock and flash the card again in order to get the camera to start working again.

Maybe there's an option to enable in the compiler/builder tool that was missed? I would be able to probably build/compile myself if I was able to get my hands on the CHDK Compiler GUI, maybe it's a possibility?

Thanks!

:blink: ... The compiler logs might be interesting.

... drop a build here,

Not my cam, but compilable, hopefully working.  :D

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #43 on: 14 / May / 2022, 11:17:13 »
I would be able to probably build/compile myself if I was able to get my hands on the CHDK Compiler GUI, maybe it's a possibility?
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12752.0

following the Prepare SD Card tutorial ...  :haha
The touchdown here is to make the card bootable, then lock card & boot.
No need for FW-update method any more.  :)

All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #44 on: 15 / May / 2022, 02:04:54 »

The touchdown here is to make the card bootable, then lock card & boot.
No need for FW-update method any more.  :)
The easiest way to make a bootable card is to use the FW update method to load the CHDK and then select the option to make a bootable card from the CHDK menu. 8)
https: //chdk.fandom.com/wiki/CHDK_1.5_User_Manual#Make_card_bootable ...

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #45 on: 15 / May / 2022, 04:01:13 »
That version worked fine in terms of CHDK access and I could see and set some of the chdk options via gphoto2 library, however, features were missing, no ability to take capture etc and the main reason why I wanted to try 1.6 (latest) release.
I don't understand exactly what you mean but if you want to control the camera via PC, the best way to do that is to use the chdkptp application. https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/PTP_Extension
As for the difference between 1.5 and 1.6, there is no difference in functionality for your camera.
However, in the archive that you've sent I see a missing PS.FI2 file and when I copy archive files/folders to the SD card and insert it into camera, I no longer see the upgrade firmware option. I have tried simply copying PS.FI2 from 1.5.0 archive to 1.6 archive, and I see the upgrade firmware option, but after upgrading firmware, locking SD card and trying to start camera, it no longer starts and requires me to unlock and flash the card again in order to get the camera to start working again.

Maybe there's an option to enable in the compiler/builder tool that was missed? I would be able to probably build/compile myself if I was able to get my hands on the CHDK Compiler GUI, maybe it's a possibility?
As for building a PS.FI2 file, you need to have the keys extracted from the firmware to do that. These keys have never been made public and shared on the forum and probably never will be.If you do not know the keys or how to find them correctly in the firmware dump,you can't compile the PS.FI2 file.
Here's how and where to find the keys in the firmware. https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/For_Developers/fi2offsets

Finally, I would recommend that you still use the test version from this post, it certainly uses the original unmodified source code: https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13604.msg144097#msg144097

« Reply #46 on: 23 / May / 2023, 04:50:05 »
Hello,

After discovering that both STICK and CHIMP (at least the 0.9.6-BETA build from the forums -- I didn't try building off HEAD myself) don't support this model,
I did the whole thing with formatting my 256GB SD card to be FAT32 and copied over the files myself. I'm following the instructions on the Wiki to create a bootable card.
I specifically tested ixus285_elph360hs-100c-1.5.0-5560-full on my ELPH PowerShot 360HS, and couldn't get it to install.

The popup in the menu reads: "Update firmware version? 1.0.0.0 -> 1.1.0.0".
And when upgrading the firmware it gets stuck on a black screen with green flashing LED.

I let it stay in this state for over an hour before removing the battery to turn it off.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #47 on: 23 / May / 2023, 14:05:20 »
Hello,

After discovering that both STICK and CHIMP (at least the 0.9.6-BETA build from the forums -- I didn't try building off HEAD myself) don't support this model,
I did the whole thing with formatting my 256GB SD card to be FAT32 and copied over the files myself. I'm following the instructions on the Wiki to create a bootable card.
I specifically tested ixus285_elph360hs-100c-1.5.0-5560-full on my ELPH PowerShot 360HS, and couldn't get it to install.

And when upgrading the firmware it gets stuck on a black screen with green flashing LED.

I let it stay in this state for over an hour before removing the battery to turn it off.

How did you determine that your camera has firmware 100c?

« Reply #48 on: 24 / May / 2023, 01:54:51 »
Hello,

How did you determine that your camera has firmware 100c?

Ah, the 100b or 100c means the camera's firmware, not the release version of CHDK (which would be 1.5, 1.6 etc) or this port.
With that in mind, I popped open STICK to check and it's indeed 100b, not 100c.

Awesome: I just tried ixus285_elph360hs-100b-1.5.0-pwr_on_test-full_ALPHA (I believe that's the latest version?) on your post and it worked: After fiddling with Play and Menu button after FW update, I managed to find my way to Make SD bootable and now it's on there.

Thanks! I'll eventually get around to testing scripts.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #49 on: 24 / May / 2023, 02:26:49 »
Ah, the 100b or 100c means the camera's firmware, not the release version of CHDK (which would be 1.5, 1.6 etc) or this port.
With that in mind, I popped open STICK to check and it's indeed 100b, not 100c.

Awesome: I just tried ixus285_elph360hs-100b-1.5.0-pwr_on_test-full_ALPHA (I believe that's the latest version?) on your post and it worked: After fiddling with Play and Menu button after FW update, I managed to find my way to Make SD bootable and now it's on there.

Thanks! I'll eventually get around to testing scripts.
OK, I'm glad you managed to do it.
Can you check the behavior of the camera when chdk is started with a bootable SD card.
The SD card must be locked using the plastic slider on the card body.
The behavior of the POWER (on / off) and PLAY (blue triangle) buttons should be checked.
The power up behavior depends on the button used:
- Playback (PLAY) button pressed briefly, the camera should start in playback mode.
- POWER (on / off) button pressed for less than a second, the camera should start in playback mode.
- POWER (on / off) button pressed for more than a second, camera should start in record mode, with extended lens.
The camera is not added to the autobuild server and it is not possible to use STICK or CHIMP applications because no one has checked it yet.