Can't seem to install from mac (how to make bootable?) - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Can't seem to install from mac (how to make bootable?)

• 2 Replies
Can't seem to install from mac (how to make bootable?)
« on: 06 / January / 2019, 17:53:00 »
Advertisements
Trying to install from my Mac, used Stick

For whatever reason despite Stick staying its making the SD card bootable, it never does
Thus when I put it in the camera, it never boots.

I have looked all over for utilities to help with this but all are so old none seem to work with current version of MacOS.

Am I missing something easy here? I have all the files on the sd card, I just can't seem to find any way to make it bootable that's not 8+ years old.  Getting quite frustrated here.

Offline reyalp

Re: Can't seem to install from mac (how to make bootable?)
« Reply #1 on: 06 / January / 2019, 18:40:47 »

For whatever reason despite Stick staying its making the SD card bootable, it never does
Which camera?

What size card?

When you say "it never boots" do you mean the camera doesn't start at all, or the camera powers on normally, without CHDK running?

Is the card locked?

If the camera boots normally (without CHDK) running, does it show "card locked" when the card is locked?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: Can't seem to install from mac (how to make bootable?)
« Reply #2 on: 06 / January / 2019, 18:46:21 »
I figured it out, but I may as well post my mistake here. I failed to read the instructions for stick appropriately.  I thought it said for versions earlier than mountain lion to run the stickML.command.  What it really says is for all versions after that.

Thus, stick would run and copy the files but didn't have permission to make it bootable (and so the camera just started normally).  So with that fixed it works on all my cards.

Canon SX60HS btw.  User error - didn't read instructions properly.

Which camera?

What size card?

When you say "it never boots" do you mean the camera doesn't start at all, or the camera powers on normally, without CHDK running?

Is the card locked?

If the camera boots normally (without CHDK) running, does it show "card locked" when the card is locked?