Multicam synch with different cameras via PTP - page 2 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Multicam synch with different cameras via PTP

• 23 Replies

Offline Jaki

Re: Multicam synch with different cameras via PTP
« Reply #10 on: 28 / April / 2019, 06:51:33 »
Advertisements
I found the pictures.....Tnx "ottokar" :D

Offline Jaki

« Reply #11 on: 28 / April / 2019, 07:08:12 »
Ok.... I can shot with seven cameras....and download them via PTP.
But...
When I click the button to download....the the lenses retract.....and the cameras goes to the prewiev mode. That means....The manual set  zoom get lost. I have to set the zoom manuali again.....to get the same frame.
Can somebody write me a script, that all cameras stay active in record mode(shoting mode), while I`m dowloading the pics.
Or....is it posibl to write a script to set the zoom value via PTP.....in case, the cameras switch to prewiev mode..
Pleaaas...

Offline reyalp

« Reply #12 on: 28 / April / 2019, 15:20:18 »
When I click the button to download....the the lenses retract.....and the cameras goes to the prewiev mode. That means....The manual set  zoom get lost. I have to set the zoom manuali again.....to get the same frame.
Again, it would be helpful if you explained what software you are using and where you got it. Stock chdkptp doesn't have a download button that works with multicam. It's hard to help when we don't know what you are currently using.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #13 on: 29 / April / 2019, 05:33:29 »
Or....is it posibl to write a script to set the zoom value via PTP.....

The likelihood of a different project means my entire system is now mothballed - I don't even have the software readily available to refer to but zoom is entirely possible as you can see (from a long time ago) at around 45 secs into the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_XlmlJ4U0A.

The approach used AutoIt GUI tables and redirecting multicam.lua status to file for checking. There are probably much slicker ways to do do this all within Lua but networking with AutoIt seemed very easy back then (Edit: not that networking is altogether necessary).
« Last Edit: 29 / April / 2019, 05:47:09 by andrew.stephens.754365 »

Offline Jaki

« Reply #14 on: 29 / April / 2019, 14:35:04 »
Thank you andrew....But...I wish I would be a programer :(

Offline Jaki

« Reply #15 on: 29 / April / 2019, 14:39:09 »
Will this be  enough reyalp?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #16 on: 29 / April / 2019, 18:14:04 »
Will this be  enough reyalp?
If it's something you got from this forum or elsewhere, it would be helpful to link where you got it. What you posted doesn't appear to include the GUI part of the code that does the buttons.

Looking at the script, it seems like you should be able to avoid going to playback just by commenting out the 'play' commands in mc:jmod

so under for example, under
Code: [Select]
if s == 'dl' then
change
self:cmdwait('play',{printcmd=false})
to
-- self:cmdwait('play',{printcmd=false})

However, the download command appears to delete images. Many cameras will crash on when you try to switch to playback or shut down after deleting images in rec mode. You should test to see whether this happens on your cameras before updating the script. You can try this on one camera with chdkptp using
shoot -dl -rm
play
If the camera shuts down, then it has the problem.

You could avoid this by not deleting the images, but then the download commands would need to be modified to only download the most recent image (e.g using lastimg=1 in the download command).
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Jaki

« Reply #17 on: 29 / April / 2019, 18:31:36 »
Thank you. I`ll try out your suggestions first....Thank you..

Offline Jaki

« Reply #18 on: 02 / May / 2019, 05:26:26 »
[admin: avoid swearing please]!...It worked :D...OK...With one camera The camera stays in rec mode. :lol

Offline Jaki

« Reply #19 on: 02 / May / 2019, 08:44:13 »
One other problem.
I set on all cameras in the CHDK menu the Ev to 1/100s and the ISO to 100. But i got different results.
Why?