Ixus 185 porting thread - page 3 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Ixus 185 porting thread

• 68 Replies
Re: Ixus 185 porting thread
« Reply #20 on: 08 / July / 2019, 09:58:37 »
Advertisements
Ok so i have gone through the settings files and managed to enable the overides etc but the pictures dont save to the SD card.... im lost at the moment trying to know what else i can try?

« Reply #21 on: 08 / July / 2019, 09:59:17 »
@waterwingz could you please also help me my display keeps switching on and off on the SX240HS that i finally got the CHDK working with your script i set display to off but it keeps switching on....
@willievermeulen   I responded to this back in the original thread.

I replied to that on that thread, thank you so much!!!

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #22 on: 08 / July / 2019, 11:49:46 »
Attached is a test build. It might fix keyboard related problems (including the SD card protection switch override). I used the ixus175 keyboard files after determining that the buttons seem to be wired the same. The "auto zoom" button is treated as the erase button (CHDK use only, of course).

edit:
added source diff
edit2:
Of course, this is blackhole's source with the above modifications.
edit3:
test build removed
« Last Edit: 10 / July / 2019, 18:33:32 by srsa_4c »

« Reply #23 on: 10 / July / 2019, 01:40:56 »
Attached is a test build. It might fix keyboard related problems (including the SD card protection switch override). I used the ixus175 keyboard files after determining that the buttons seem to be wired the same. The "auto zoom" button is treated as the erase button (CHDK use only, of course).

edit:
added source diff
edit2:
Of course, this is blackhole's source with the above modifications.
Sorry for the delayed reply but my job is keeping me away from home :(

thanks for the help but it didnt seem to work... the menu button still doesnt work (it just brings up the camera menu.
Something else thats interesting on this firmware when i half press the shutter the script menu comes up as before but then the func/set button wont work to actually go in to select a script.
Oh and when i trigger the camera on CHDK (i cant load the UAV script) it does the same it clicks and the zoom extends and retracts but no picture is saved...
Is there any way i can help??

« Reply #24 on: 10 / July / 2019, 03:54:50 »
Great news i have version 100a!!

Im really hoping that it will work coz its such a cool little camera!
I sent you a download link.

Could I receive the link too??? I really need it because I have to control multiple IXUS185. (Fortunately it's 100a version  :))

*** Is it the file attached by Mr. Srsa? ***
« Last Edit: 10 / July / 2019, 04:17:04 by 택준 김 »

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #25 on: 10 / July / 2019, 04:20:25 »

Could I receive the link too??? I really need it because I have to control multiple IXUS185. (Fortunately it's 100a version  :))

*** Is it the file attached by Mr. Srsa? ***
I'll send you a link tomorrow, I'm not home now.
But as you can see, there are certain problems.

Poslano sa mog GT-I9301I koristeći Tapatalk

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #26 on: 10 / July / 2019, 04:32:31 »
Actually, you can use the test build published in post # 22

Poslano sa mog GT-I9301I koristeći Tapatalk

« Reply #27 on: 10 / July / 2019, 04:44:35 »
thx so much :) Just downloading the test build will be a big hand to me.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #28 on: 10 / July / 2019, 18:32:50 »
thanks for the help but it didnt seem to work... the menu button still doesnt work (it just brings up the camera menu.
Something else thats interesting on this firmware when i half press the shutter the script menu comes up as before but then the func/set button wont work to actually go in to select a script.
Oh and when i trigger the camera on CHDK (i cant load the UAV script) it does the same it clicks and the zoom extends and retracts but no picture is saved...
Is there any way i can help??
OK. At this point, please forget about loading a script and triggering the camera for a moment. The port apparently has problems, and those need to be solved first.

I'm attaching a build that is identical to the one I posted earlier. Only difference is that it can now be loaded via the "firm update" menu too. That will hopefully reduce the possibility of mixing up builds.

Since I can't figure out what's happening with the keyboard, can you make a short video that demonstrates what happens when you press various buttons?

If the keyboard is still a mess, then I guess the next move will be a test build with all task overrides removed and keyboard debug display added.

edit:
test build removed
ixus185-100a-1.5.0-5232-full_test1a.zip (794.59 kB - downloaded 10 times.)
« Last Edit: 09 / August / 2019, 11:46:13 by srsa_4c »

« Reply #29 on: 10 / July / 2019, 22:15:50 »
i wanna control IXUS185 on the computer remotely, so i have to connect them via USB and follow the manual on this link.(https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/PTP_Extension)..
i tried to install libusb driver using ZADIG, but it's still failing... Is it normal?
(seems to enter into CHDK successfully, but screen goes black upon plugging in a USB... The problem is because of this by any chance??)
« Last Edit: 10 / July / 2019, 23:36:38 by 택준 김 »