SUIx, comprehensive long duration intervalometer. Something for you? - page 5 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SUIx, comprehensive long duration intervalometer. Something for you?

• 42 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: SUIx, comprehensive long duration intervalometer. Something for you?
« Reply #40 on: 28 / June / 2021, 13:01:25 »
Advertisements
well, yes reboot is in the 4.1, but that's still close to the version from reyalps' Ultimate Intervalometer.
Waterwingz, not  me :)

most of my 'off grid' cams run away by 1-2 minutes a month, most too fast, some too slow. (even withing same model versions there is a lot of difference)
For me, this time correction (with a lot of testing) makes it close to 30 seconds every 3-4 month. so i still have to reset the clock manually every now and then.
FWIW, if it's that consistent, you could apply a manually calibrated correction automatically (that is, make the script add user specified X seconds per months or whatever)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Mlapse

• S95 S110
« Reply #41 on: 30 / August / 2021, 10:29:27 »
yes, sorry, waterwingz UI.

and reyalp, it already has the setting that manually entered correction is automatically used when rebooting....
after that i'm still left with something like 30 seconds in 4 month.
that is a lot harder to solve than you might expect because that includes variables, like temperature.

However, i'm now thinking about changing the way this works by correcting the interval time as basis for the reboot time correction.

but i really have to give it some more thought before I start mucking up things.

« Last Edit: 30 / August / 2021, 10:35:09 by Mlapse »
frustration is a key ingredient in progress

Offline Mlapse

• S95 S110
« Reply #42 on: 23 / September / 2021, 03:11:19 »
ND just for fun/max. flexibility?

As I was busy cleaning up the code and testing some next release dynamic changes I came across this request.

SUIx is designed to be an easy to understand intervalometer.
I want it to be a powerfull, yet low threshold program for people without in depth photography knowledge.
That is one of the reasons it is optimised for use with P and AUTO.

Because of that I have been looking at ways to make a menu with even less choice without losing functionality.
And/or a different page for setting specific values.
Alas my idea of creating a second script that would contain an extended menu and saves settings to the file SUIx.0 failed....but maybe i'll figure that out this winter.

At this point adding ND would be yet another menu item while I think it is something for advanced users.
Since rawopint already caters people who have that knowledge and the ambition to go further I do not see the added value for SUIx.

So, at least for now, I've decided that SUIx will not get a ND setting in the menu.
« Last Edit: 23 / September / 2021, 08:10:24 by Mlapse »
frustration is a key ingredient in progress