Testing some - perhaps many - cams with CHDKPTP - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Testing some - perhaps many - cams with CHDKPTP

• 122 Replies

Offline koshy

Testing some - perhaps many - cams with CHDKPTP
« on: 12 / September / 2019, 18:39:34 »
Advertisements
The chdkptp test I mentioned earlier would be nice to have over a range of cameras
Code: [Select]
chdkptp -e"exec require'camtests'.runbatch{bench=true,xfersizebugs=true,filexfer=true}"
This will detect cameras like D10 which crash if the native buffer workaround isn't enabled, and generally stress test the PTP system (background https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4338.msg140877#msg140877).

I did test the G11, which just leaves a 121 cameras I could test at todays count. Why not grab some...

EDIT: Will also add a zip of all txt files to this initial post any time I'm done for a given day 121/122 (S1 not in main lot) - see page 11 for details on the first 102...

--- collecting some stuff:

In case I forget: take cam, put CHDK, shoot one picture to be on card, enable continuous shooting if cam not in below group, setup libUSB driver, restart cam and from administrative shell using latest build do (Note: Don't have the chdkptp folder open or folded out in any Windows explorer window):

chdkptp -e"exec require'camtests'.runbatch{bench=true,xfersizebugs=true,shoot=true,filexfer=true}" > cam.txt 2>&1

There are some cameras that can't remoteshoot when cont is enabled (ones with CAM_FILEWRITETASK_MULTIPASS and not CAM_FILEWRITETASK_SEEKS). I think the -cont test will fail in this case, but I'm not sure exactly what will happen. From a quick look, affected cams would be a3200, a3300, a490, a495, a800
« Last Edit: 02 / December / 2019, 19:51:09 by koshy »
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

Re: Testing some - perhaps many - cams with CHDKPTP
« Reply #1 on: 12 / September / 2019, 18:58:10 »
The other two Gs I have are well behaved...
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

« Reply #2 on: 12 / September / 2019, 19:22:33 »
S80 and other S* live on the same shelf now...

Offline koshy

« Reply #3 on: 12 / September / 2019, 19:33:02 »
All 4 S* I have are well behaved, too.
Wonder what will explode. Let's try IXUS 1000 shall we...

Offline koshy

« Reply #4 on: 12 / September / 2019, 19:57:15 »
Tried Ixus 1000 twice, same error as on G11, didn't go away on second try... Since it was numerically next in line I paired this with testing Ixus 980 - a cam I like - that has something going on beyond normal I think.

Offline koshy

« Reply #5 on: 12 / September / 2019, 20:18:11 »
More of this row, maybe I'll get through the remaining 6, too

Offline koshy

« Reply #6 on: 12 / September / 2019, 20:28:54 »
two more with all 18 passed

Offline koshy

« Reply #7 on: 12 / September / 2019, 20:37:48 »
i870 faild with reconnect as others, i860 has something more interesting

Offline koshy

« Reply #8 on: 12 / September / 2019, 20:51:42 »
i850 passes all, i800 too
Enough for today...

Online reyalp

« Reply #9 on: 12 / September / 2019, 21:45:21 »
Thanks  :D

The "no viewport data" seen on i980 and i860 are another one I've seen intermittently before. I think it happens when the camera is in play and there are no images, but only sometimes. It could also happen if the camera started with a video selected in playback, but I assume that's not the case on your cams.

Interestingly, the transfer speeds seem quite low, I'd expect a digic IV cam like Ixus 980 to be more like 30 MBs than ~5. What kind of system are you running these on?

If you want, you can include shoot=true, like
chdkptp -e"exec require'camtests'.runbatch{bench=true,xfersizebugs=true,shoot=true,filexfer=true}"
which will make the cam also switch to rec and test various shooting functions. Definitely no need to redo any cams you've already done with this.
Don't forget what the H stands for.