Testing some - perhaps many - cams with CHDKPTP - page 11 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Testing some - perhaps many - cams with CHDKPTP

• 122 Replies

Offline koshy

Re: Testing some - perhaps many - cams with CHDKPTP
« Reply #100 on: 11 / November / 2019, 16:08:06 »
Advertisements
Here's a test build for A530

Background on vxworks mode switching issues: https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=10664.msg105118#msg105118
I tested this, result attached.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #101 on: 11 / November / 2019, 16:27:54 »
I tested this, result attached.
Hmm
Code: [Select]
lvdump:ok
rec:start
rec:failed C:\CHDKPTP\lua\camtests.lua:486: already in rec
Did you switch the cam to rec mode before starting the test? Or connect while in rec, though I don't think that works on most cams.

If so, please try connecting the camera in playback mode.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline koshy

« Reply #102 on: 11 / November / 2019, 16:32:57 »
Did you switch the cam to rec mode before starting the test?
Yes you're right I wanted to switch on cont like I mused about yesterday and so I did. Connect, switch to rec, enable cont, disconnect, then run the tests.
Or connect while in rec, though I don't think that works on most cams.
That would work on all that have a "play" button rather than a repositionable play/rec switch and for all with the button I run the test starting in Rec mode as then the cont setting sticks. Otherwise I think cont only sticks if it's part of the Funct controllable things, not necessarily if it's enabled by pressing the down button.

I'll retry without cont.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

« Reply #103 on: 11 / November / 2019, 16:53:54 »
If so, please try connecting the camera in playback mode.
Attached. That works, can be checked in I guess.

Offline koshy

« Reply #104 on: 11 / November / 2019, 16:57:31 »
, A480 something about a non equal message.
:blink:
That's weird. The test sends a message, the camera echos it back, and the test compares. In this case, the last 4 characters of the message turned from "o wo" to "xxxx". Some other tests use "x" as the test string. ???

Can you try running a few times to see if it's reproducible? You can just run the bench and xferbug tests, since it didn't get to the file transfer and shooting ones before it failed
Code: [Select]
chdkptp -e"exec require'camtests'.runbatch{bench=true,xfersizebugs=true}"
I retried once with it all and three times with the code you provided. That still takes forever. 8 Minutes to complete so three times is around half an hour. I saw nothing like the glitch again and maybe we can leave it at that...

Offline reyalp

« Reply #105 on: 11 / November / 2019, 16:58:36 »
That would work on all that have a "play" button rather than a repositionable play/rec switch
All the cameras I have with a "play" button change to play as soon as the USB cable is plugged in, and IIRC this interferes with CHDK mode switching later.

In any case, I would definitely prefer starting in play over getting the cont results.

Thanks for all the testing :)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline koshy

« Reply #106 on: 11 / November / 2019, 16:59:39 »
OK, after an eventful day we did fix that A710 and it passes 25/25.
I think I'd like to discuss the implications of its firmware fading some more but best in a dedicated thread. I'll make one later.
« Last Edit: 11 / November / 2019, 17:30:10 by koshy »

Offline koshy

« Reply #107 on: 11 / November / 2019, 17:03:08 »
That would work on all that have a "play" button rather than a repositionable play/rec switch
All the cameras I have with a "play" button change to play as soon as the USB cable is plugged in
You're right, I was confused but I did try it with the A480 to actually see it do this and then though yes they do that, don't they...

Offline koshy

« Reply #108 on: 11 / November / 2019, 20:18:39 »
Tested A6xx - nothing to do there, all passed 25/25

Offline koshy

« Reply #109 on: 12 / November / 2019, 17:16:26 »
@reyalp I tested all remaining A-series cameras.

The only ones that did not pass 25/25 are A1100 and A2100.

A3200 and A3300 do not remoteshoot in cont. With A800 I remembered that and did not even test it.

A3400 also gives trouble in cont. In both test rounds it said "Lens Error" and the cam shut down.
Without cont A3400 was just fine.

This means 102 of 103 cams tested. The one that remains is Ixus iZoom which has this little charger bowl and a proprietary connector to interface with that. The usb out is on the bowl, that works, I recall testing remoteshoot with it years ago but if only I knew where that bowl went... So unless it crops up Ixus iZoom won't be tested ;-)