Can I use the remote control Ricoh CA-3? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Can I use the remote control Ricoh CA-3?

• 5 Replies

Offline yc

Can I use the remote control Ricoh CA-3?
« on: 28 / November / 2019, 05:05:47 »
Advertisements
Hello,
I am a total noob here. I came across CHDK through booksorber.com. I am trying to find a way to scan books, and I understood that I can use either this script https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/Countdown_Intervalometer for a timer or use a remote control. I'd rather not have to build one, but it seems that the one referenced by the manual, Ricoh CA-1, is no longer available to purchase. The CA-2 is unavailable as well. The CA-3 is. Does CHDK support it?

Re: Can I use the remote control Ricoh CA-3?
« Reply #1 on: 28 / November / 2019, 09:21:03 »
Hello,
I am a total noob here. I came across CHDK through booksorber.com. I am trying to find a way to scan books,
There are quite a few websites describing how to build book scanners.  Some are more complicated to build than others - mostly depending on the level of automation desired.  Here's one example : DIY High-Speed Book Scanner From Trash and Cheap Cameras

And if you really want information overload, the DYI Book scanner wiki offers this : Scanner Build List

and I understood that I can use either this script https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/Countdown_Intervalometer for a timer
Here's some other useful scripts for book scanners : Motion Detection - Shoot after motion stops

or use a remote control. I'd rather not have to build one, but it seems that the one referenced by the manual, Ricoh CA-1, is no longer available to purchase. The CA-2 is unavailable as well. The CA-3 is. Does CHDK support it?
I think you are the first person to ask here about the CA-3.  I was not aware it was available and I pay pretty close attention to anything related the CHDK USB remote code.  So I did some googling and could not find anything about whether the CA-3 is backwards compatible with a CA-1 or CA-2. 

If you are stuck, there is a lot of information here : USB Remote.

Scroll down to  the links section at the bottom of the page.  It holds many ideas there on how to build your own switch - some trivially easy. 

In addition, I'm not sure if @fvdk still sells remote switches but you could check his web page.
« Last Edit: 28 / November / 2019, 09:23:07 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline fvdk

• Ixus 70 1.01b / 1.02a & Powershot A590is 1.01b
    • My Flickr photo page
« Reply #2 on: 28 / November / 2019, 16:01:35 »

In addition, I'm not sure if @fvdk still sells remote switches but you could check his web page.
Yes, I do. The information on my Flickr pages is still valid.

-Frans

Offline yc

« Reply #3 on: 07 / December / 2019, 06:55:32 »
Thank you both.
@fvdk, where are you located? Do you ship to Canada? What is the price and how soon could I get one?

Offline fvdk

• Ixus 70 1.01b / 1.02a & Powershot A590is 1.01b
    • My Flickr photo page
« Reply #4 on: 07 / December / 2019, 07:27:36 »
@yc I am located in the Netherlands. They are €25.- including airmail shipping to Canada (payment via Paypal) and I can ship within a few days.
Frans

Offline yc

« Reply #5 on: 09 / December / 2019, 14:40:57 »
Sending pm